Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April 2, 2018 Lunch – Beef Salad. Dinner – Pork, Apple, and onion tapa with steamed green beans, and a baked potato

April 2, 2018  Lunch – Beef Salad. Dinner – Pork, Apple, and onion tapa with steamed green beans, and a baked potato.

I ate yogurt, granola, and fruit salad for breakfast.

For lunch I made a salad with a few slices of PPI Pot Roast, a sliced green onion, 1/3 cucumber peeled and sliced, a Roma tomato sliced and diced, and a handful of grated cheese.  I added additional olive oil to the PPI Louis dressing and drizzled it over the salad.  I toasted a piece of German sourdough bread and melted Dubliner cheese slices on it in the microwave.  I drank water.


I baked four or five small russet potatoes at 4:00 at 400 degrees for an hour.  When Suzette arrived she checked them and turned of the heat because I had overcooked them.  The skim was crisp, but the insides were soft.  I like my crisp skin.  I went to the garden and picked five of six sprigs I’d chives and sliced them thinly and mixed them into the last couple of oz. of crema we had.

For dinner I had saved two pork steaks from the other night.

Suzette came up with the idea to remake the tapa dish that sautéed apples and onions and the roasts them with a pork tender, except tonight she simply added some cranraisins and the cooked pork steaks to the sauté pan after she sautéed the apples and onions and then added cognac and lit the pan on fire to deglaze the pan and make a flambé sauce.


I removed the tough end of the green beans and put them in the steamer.  Suzette turned on the heat to high under the green beans when she was sautéing the pork dish.

 Suzette decided to drink the PPI Gruet Brut and I drank the last glass of Elk Cove Pinot Gris.

We enjoyed the fact that we had made a great meal out of a few PPIs.



The chive and crema mixture was really delicious in the crusty potato also.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment