Monday, April 30, 2018

April 29, 2018 Lunch – Vichyssoise and Salad. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops and Eggplant slices and sautéed Zucchini and onion.

April 29, 2018 Lunch – Vichyssoise and Salad. Dinner – Grilled Lamb Chops and Eggplant slices and sautéed Zucchini and onion.

I ate a bagel with goat cheese, sliced red onion and Lax garnished with capers for breakfast.

I rode to Rio Bravo at 11:30

When I returned I ate two bowls of Vichyssoise and a large salad garnished with four anchovies.

I watched some TV and then showered at 3:00 and went to replenish the propane and then walked across the street to Sandy’s house where there was a fundraiser for a politician running to fill Steve Pearce’s seat in the U.S. House.

Tzatziki – I then made tzatziki with about ¼ cup each of fresh picked and chopped mint and dill and garlic greens, ¾ of a cucumber diced and salted lightly, 1 cup yogurt, and the juice of ½ lemon.  The result had an unusually creamy texture.

When Willy arrived around 6:30 we decided to grill eggplant slices with the lamb chops, so I sliced and brushed them with olive oil and salted and Willy peppered the eggplant slices. Unfortunately I over salted the eggplant slices and they were cooked properly but too salty to be edible.  Willy did a great job grilling the lamb and eggplant.

Lemon flavored sautéed zucchini and onion – this is an easy and tasty dish.  I quartered zucchini’s lengthwise and then sliced them. I then sliced about ¼ cup of onion and three cloves of garlic.  I heated olive oil and grape seed oil in a skillet and sautéed the ingredients.  Willy went to the garden and picked a small handful of oregano stalks.  I removed the leaves and chopped them and added them to the skillet and turned the zucchini slices occasionally until they began to brown.  Then I added the juice of ½ lemon and turned the heat down to await the grilled meat.

I opened a bottle of 2015 Valreas Cotes Du Rhone ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s).  Not a very complex or elegant Southern Rhone but very reliable and a super price.

When Willy brought in the meat and vegetables we plated and poured glasses of wine and took them to the table in the garden beside the pond and had a pleasant meal in the twilight.  When it became dark Willy fetched his kerosene lantern and we ate and talked until. A bit after 9:00.





A pleasant meal to end a relaxing day.o

Bob Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment