Friday, April 6, 2018

April 6, 2018 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle and Wonton Soup Dinner – Padilla’s

April 6, 2018 Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle and Wonton Soup
Dinner – Padilla’s

I am back on the Melania Trump diet; oatmeal for breakfast.

I broke down at lunch and made a pot of Vietnamese Miso Noodle and Wonton Soup with celery, onion, red miso, 40 mm rice squares, buckwheat soba, and wheat noodles plus four beef meatballs, four or five mini chicken and cilantro wontons in rice wrappers, a pho seasoning cube, seaweed, and tofu in about two quarts of water.
I ate two bowls full with fresh cilantro and hoisin sauce.



I also did something new in the stock market today.  I felt like the market would sell off on the news of Trump’s new trade tariffs against China, so I tied to hedge my position in AAPL stock.  I sold AAPL at 7:00 a.m.in the pre-market and bought it back at 1:15, 45 minutes before the market closed at a price that was approximately $1.75 below what I sold it for.  This turned a huge losing day into a big losing day.  If AAPL achieves its Thursday closing price I will make a profit.  Who knows in this market.

I worked until 4:30 when Suzette arrived from work and we drove to the Albuquerque Press Club for Diane Souder’s retirement party.

We drank a glass of Sauvignon Blanc with a very pronounced grapefruit nose.  Also, there were lovely appetizers of all kinds; cheeses, salami, ham, pickled asparagus, olives, nuts, etc.

We visited with Emily who said she was returning to Tortola to work as a dive instructor in the morning.

Willy and Patrick arrived as we were leaving with Janis and Tom to go eat dinner at Padilla’s. Padilla’s was packed when we arrived.  We were shown to a long line tracing its way around the restaurant, very democratic.  Here is a picture.


Tom ordered an enchilada plate with double beans.  I was not so hungry, so I followed Janis’ suggestion and ordered an a la Carte Chile Relleno with green chili and a meat filled enchilada with red chili.  Suzette ordered just the Chile Relleno with red and green and a side of Sour Cream.







The chili was hotter than I am used to but Suzette and I ordered a Dos Equis beer to wash down the picante chili.  I thought the Relleno was excellent.  It was coated with my favorite kind of batter, flour and egg mixed.  It creates a light fluffy casing for the chili that is pastry like.

Padilla’s consistently wins the local award for the best Sopapillas.  They are large and are served hot, made with Padilla’s own recipe.



After dinner we said goodnight a little after 8:00.

I had to drink another beer and eat the last of the tzatziki a little later to settle my stomach.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment