Friday, April 13, 2018

April 13, 2018 Lunch – Costco Dinner- Sautéed Pork, Apple, Onion, and Asparagus


April 13, 2018 Lunch – Costco   Dinner- Sautéed Pork, Apple, Onion, and Asparagus

I ate my usual breakfast of yogurt, milk, granola, and blueberries.

I went to Costco at noon to fill the mini with gas and ate a Polish Dog.


Suzette packed the cooler with some items and we left for Taos at 1:30.

We arrived at Barry and Kylene’s house in Taos at 4:00.  We made a fire and at 5:30 began dinner prep.  We decided to make a one dish dinner. I sliced 1 apple into slices and ½ onion.  I quartered each of the two pork steaks.  Suzette has brought a bag with fresh oregano for the dish.  I snapped and diced about 15 stalks of asparagus.  Suzette melted butter and added some olive oil to it and then sautéed the apple and onion slices.  She then added the pork medallions and asparagus and oregano and braised the dish for about fifteen minutes to cook the pork. I made a chicken stock sauce with Better than Bouillon for the dish and Suzette flambéed the dish by sprinkling cognac into the skillet and lighting it.










I opened and poured a 2012 Vina Real Reserva ($14.99 at Costco).
The wine had a good balance of tannins to fruity flavor.  I liked it a lot.
It was rated 92 by someone. I will buy it again.

We finished drinking the wine with chocolate truffles ($2.99 at Trader Joe’s) watching TV, including the bombing of Syria’s chemical weapons manufacturing facility.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment