Sunday, April 8, 2018

April 7, 2018 A full day of activity and lots of Chinese food

April 7, 2018 A full day of activity and lots of Chinese food

Suzette and I both worked today.  I stopped working at 10:00 and ate the PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup to which I added a bit of water, another T. of red miso and three more shrimp.  I garnished the soup with fresh cilantro and dipped pieces of meat into a mixture of  Shiracha and hoisin sauce.



At 12:15 I rode to Rio Bravo and then showered and dressed. Suzette arrived at 2:15 and we left for the Albuquerque Birthday party on the Plaza in Old Town celebrating the founding of Albuquerque as a Spanish villa by grant of the Spanish crown in 1706.  Pretty historic.

Starting at 3:00 there were speeches by Mayor Tim Keller and others and then Café Mocha started playing Latin music.  Here is a picture of the crowd listening to the music.


We left at their intermission at 4:15 because we wanted to attend the fiber show at the Albuquerque Garden Center in Los Altos Park at Lomas and Eubank.

I was hungry and suggested we stop for a dim sum snack at Ming Palace on Eubank.  We ordered three items, steamed buns filled with BBQ pork, beef meatballs in broth, and shrimp dumplings.  I drank tea and a Suzette drank a Heinekens beer.


We then went to the fiber show, which was interesting .  I had no idea how many quilting and fabric groups there were in Albuquerque and Santa Fe.  I particularly liked a traditional colcha made by Annette Turk with hand dyed wool. Here is a picture.



We finally returned home at about 6:45.  Suzette decided to make a one dish dinner by sautéing two smoked pork chops and then adding the PPI Fried tofu and vegetables from my lunch at East Ocean.  I made additional sauce with corn starch, chicken stock, water, white soy, sesame seed oil, and Chinese Cooking wine; which we added to the vegetables and pork dish  and re-heated the PPI rice and ate a little with the dish.  Willy came by later to organize his camping gear for the trip he planned to take to California in the morning.  The brought a container of Panda Express Orange chicken with Lo mein noodles and rice.  He kindly allowed me to sample the the chicken, which was really spicy, for my fourth doze of Chinese food today.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment