Saturday, January 6, 2018

January 5, 2018 Lunch – Ichiban Dinner – Kosmos


January 5, 2018 Lunch – Ichiban  Dinner – Kosmos

The usual breakfast; yogurt, granola, blueberries, and milk.

I called Robert Mueller to see if he wanted to go to lunch at around 10:30 and we agreed to meet at Ichiban at noon.

When I arrived at 12:01 he and Lothar were sitting at our usual table.

Robert loves Ichiban.  He and Marilyn ate their New Year’s Eve dinner there.  Robert ordered his new favorite, an Ichiban roll, which is tuna rolled with a few other ingredients, sliced, laid on their sides and topped with a spicy red chili sauce.  I tried one piece and thought it just okay.  I ordered Chirashi and tried to explain the fish I wanted orally, but ended up getting only about six slices each of ahi tuna and salmon plus large piles of seaweed salad and squid salad.  I loved everything I got.

Then Robert ordered and ate two sweet shrimp with their raw bodies and tempura battered and deep fried heads.



We dined until about 1:30 and I stopped for 6 bagels for $5.99 at Donut Mart on the way home.  When I got home I finished m6 Motion for a Continuance for a Bankruptcy Court trial and filed it after I changed my password in order to access the filing system.  Then called Aaron and agreed to meet him at 4:00.  I then rode about 8 miles from 3:20 to 4:00.  I met with Aaron until about 4:40.  I poured him a glass of Station Cross New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, which he loved ($5.99 at Trader Joe’s; my wine recommendation of the month).



When Aaron left I was hungry and ate a bowl of Duck Posole.  When Suzette arrived I was making small cheese sandwiches by toasting three slices of the dense eggy French baguette Suzette brought from the Greenhouse Bistro and Bakery and put slices of Petit Basque on one, Brie on one, and French Gesu on one, which I ate with the last sips of Crayon Rose’.  Suzette ate a slice of Petit Basque and then some roasted peanuts.  After the cheese I nibbled on some roasted peanuts also.  So much for the beneficial effects of exercise.  Today it only gave me the munchies.

Suzette agreed to go to Kosmos for dinner, so we left at 6:40 as soon as Shields and Brooks finished their commentary and a segment on the beneficial effects of playing music for paralyzed patients ended on the PBS News Hour.

She liked the creative lighting.  We split an order of Fish and Chips, which she liked also.  I drank a pint of Tractor apple cider, which was very delicious and Suzette had a small beer.

We went home a little before 8:00 and I went to bed a bit after Washington Week with Robert Costa ended at 8:30.

I realized today that I can not criticize President Trump for looking at TV all day as my attention stays glued to the TV or for his ineptitude at managing the economy.  It was another record setting day in the Market.  The only thing to do now is hold on to my positions, watch the markets very carefully, and wait to see if and when the bubble bursts.

So far it has not.  Yesterday the Dow hit $25,000 and today it increased $200 more. If feels like we are running up Mt. Everest.  Willy bought a crypto currency yesterday.  What a ride our economy is taking!

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment