Monday, January 15, 2018

January 15, 2018 Lunch – beef pho Miso Noodle Soup Dinner – Potage, Eggplant Provençal and PPI Roast beef

January 15, 2018 Lunch – beef pho Miso Noodle Soup  Dinner – Potage, Eggplant Provençal and PPI Roast beef

I ate yogurt, blackberries, banana slices , granola, milk for breakfast.

At noon I made a real beef pho noodle miso soup with some PPI roast beef from last night’s dinner, a couple stalks of bok Choy diced, about 1 oz. of sliced red onion, fresh rice noodles, the last 2 oz. of white beech mushrooms, a pho seasoning cube, 1 heaping T. of red miso, and about 1 T. of dried seaweed.

I added Hoisin sauce and 1 T. of Chinese rice cooking wine to the soup.

I rode to Rio Bravo at 3:00 in a strong crosswind, but made it in good shape.

I rested until 6:00 and then finished the potage I had started last week by adding a cup of cream and pureeing the cooked leeks and potatoes  with the hand held emulsion mixer Willy gave me several years ago.

The potage was so delicious and Suzette and I were so tired I decided to not make the Scallops Provençal.  Instead I made eggplant Provençal

I sliced six ½ inch thick slices of eggplant.  I then brushed olive oil on both sides of each slice of eggplant. Then I covered each slice with slices of Jarlsberg cheese, a slice of Roma tomato and Progresso  seasoned bread crumbs.  I then laid PPI roast beef on the tray with the eggplant Provençals and baked them in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes until the eggplant was cooked.

I poured glasses of Cherry Blossom Pinot Noir (Trader Joe’s $4.99, a good Pinot for the money).

A rather unexciting but wonderfully filling dinner.

We ate PPI chocolate ice cream for dessert and went to bed before 9:00 to try to catch up on our lack of sleep last night.  Suzette had to get up for a doctor’s appointment at 6:00.

Bon Appetit

 


No comments:

Post a Comment