Thursday, January 11, 2018

January 11, 2018. Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Roasted Greenhouse Bistro Chicken and Calabacitas

January 11, 2018. Lunch – Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Roasted Greenhouse Bistro Chicken and Calabacitas

I ate a bagel with cream cheese and Lax for breakfast.



I worked until around 11:15 and then fixed a pot of Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup with seaweed, dashi, red miso, sliced onion, bok Choy, beef meatballs, four large shrimp, three kinds of noodles, and two sliced mushrooms.

Lunch was interrupted by two meetings.  By 2:00 I was so impressed with the rise in the stock market I could no longer work and also because I was tired from lack of sleep last night, so I took a nap.

At 5:00 I called Suzette who was at that moment checking on availability of a roasted chicken at the Greenhouse Bistro and Bakery.

I asked if she wanted Calabacitas and she said yes.

So I fetched four ears of corn and four Mexican squash from the fridge in the garage and a large Enameled casserole.  I cleaned the kernels from each ear of corn and diced the squash and began to fill the casserole.

Then I diced 1 ½ pasilla chilis, two Roma tomatoes, 1 large yellow onion, 8 cloves of diced garlic and added those ingredients to the casserole.

I was loosely following the recipe in Harry’s Roadhouse Cookbook.

I added about 1 T. of oregano and 1 tsp. of ground cumin and ¼ cup of grape seed oil and about 25 oz. of broth and simmered the casserole on top of the stove at medium heat for about 45 minutes until the ingredients softened.

I fetched a bottle of Vouvray from the garage and we ate a simple delicious dinner of roasted chicken and Calabacitas.

There was enough Calabacitas to take to the concert tomorrow evening.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment