Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 24, 2018 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Stir Fried Chicken and Mixed Vegetables

January 24, 2018 Lunch – PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup. Dinner – Stir Fried Chicken and Mixed Vegetables

I was back on a normal schedule today.  I ate granola, blueberries, sliced banana, yogurt, and milk for breakfast.

Then at 11:30 I heated the PPI Vietnamese Miso Noodle Soup and added a large handful of fresh spinach.  When hot I added fresh mung bean sprouts, fresh cilantro, and a squirt of Hoisin Sauce.  A very delicious lunch.

I went to the library to pick up next month’s book club selection, Deadly Cure and then to Smith’s to buy 32 oz. of blueberries for Clafoutis for Sunday night’s dinner.  I saw chuck roast on sale for $2.98/lb. so I bought a 3 lb. package of it.

When I returned home I worked until 3:15, when I rode to Montano and back.

A little before 5:00 I spoke to Suzette who agreed with my idea fo use the remaining chicken breast to make a stir fried chicken and mixed vegetable dish.  I sliced a small onion, two Mexican squash, a carrot, several leaves of bok Choy, and several stalks of celery.

Suzette arrived soon after I started chopping and made the chicken stock, soy, oyster sauce, and cornstarch seasoning sauce and diced several cloves of garlic. I fetched a small can of each of sliced water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, which Suzette opened and added to the mix.  I the sliced the chicken breast, about 3 oz. of white beech mushrooms, about ½ T. of ginger, a dash of hot chili oil, and about a dozen snow peas, which I cut in halves and Suzette added to the wok.  Then she added the seasoning sauce.  The result was a delicious, fairly filling dish, not unlike what I get at East Ocean with deep fried tofu.

We drank Fat Tire beers with dinner and enjoyed it very much.

I later ate a piece of toasted 9 grains bread smeared with peanut butter and honey with a cup of tea.

We both slept badly last night so we went to bed early tonight.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment