Thursday, January 11, 2018

January 10, 2018 Lunch – Vinaigrette. Dinner – Garlic Eggplant with Pork, Pasilla Chili, and Mushrooms

January 10, 2018 Lunch – Vinaigrette.  Dinner – Garlic Eggplant with Pork, Pasilla Chili, and Mushrooms

I started the day with yogurt, fruit , granola and a few drops of milk.

I went with Leslie to Bankruptcy Court at 10:00 and when we left it was almost 11:00.  Leslie invited me to lunch and I suggested Vinaigrette because Leslie said salad would agree with her stomach.

We were the second table to fill so we sat at a table next to the Central St. windows.  I ordered a Frisée Salad and Leslie ordered a Cobb Salad.

 

                                                    Cobb Salad
                                                       Leslie at Vinaigrette


                                                       The Frisée Salad


Today the Cobb Salad was more beautiful.

I ate all of mine and Leslie took half of her salad home.

After Leslie left I prepared a certified demand letter and then drove t the post office and then the bank.  Upon leaving the bank I decided to see if I could get the crack in my windshield from a rock repaired so drove north on 3rd until I saw an auto glass company.  I stopped and had the window shield repaired.  While fixing the window shield the technician asked if I wanted the light covers cleaned of the oxidation that had dimmed them.  I said yes even though it would take an hour.

When I went to the waiting room there were several workmen taking their lunch break and one of them offered me a bowl of menudo.  I enjoyed sitting with them and eating menudo, they even brought me some chopped onion and wedges of lemon to squeeze juice into the posole.  I loved it.

I then drove to Firestone at 7th and Central to have the air pressure in my tires checked.

Then I drove to El Super for the Wednesday specials and bought 4 ears of corn for $.99; sweet limes, Persian limes, lemons, Mexican squash, mushrooms, cucumbers, Padilla chilis, avocados, yogurt, and chicken quarters.

I finally returned home at 4:45.

Suzette called a little after 5:00 to tell me she was on her way to Costco.  I suggested she buy a bag of asparagus.  She arrived a little after 6:00.

We quickly agreed to make her favorite Chinese dish, Garlic Eggplant with the eggplant sitting in the
fridge.  So, I sliced the eggplant into 3 by 1/2 inch slices.  Then I sliced ½ Padilla chili, 1 T. of garlic,
the approximately 1 lb. of PPI pork from last night’s meal, about 4 oz. of white beech mushrooms,1/2 of a small onion.



Suzette snapped the ends off 14 stalks of asparagus and steamed them.  She also made the seasoning sauce and for the garlic eggplant, stir fried the ingredients, and combined them with the sauce to finish the dish.



While Suzette cooked I went to the garage and fetched two Modelo Especials and chilled them and opened them when dinner was served.

I then laid seven stalks of steamed asparagus in each of two pasta bowls and we each ladled the eggplant mixture over the asparagus for a lovely dinner.




I did not sleep well last night so I laid down after dinner at about 7:30.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment