Saturday, January 20, 2018

January 20, 2018 Lunch – Posole crepe. Dinner – Roasted Chicken, steamed asparagus and baked potato

January 20, 2018 Lunch – Posole crepe.  Dinner – Roasted Chicken, steamed asparagus and baked potato

Suzette and I worked today.  I worked until lunch time.  Because I had errands I wanted to do, I wanted a quick lunch.  When 8 opened the fridge I saw the container of Duck Posole from Christmas and decided to eat it. Mi recalled that Suzette had saved the four egg whites from last week’s Béarnaise sauce.  So I decided to make a Posole egg dish.  I chopped about 1 oz. of red onion and sautéed it in canola oil and then added the Posole and then the four egg whites and cooked the dish until the egg firmed on the bottom.  Then I flipped the large egg pancake in pieces and cooked the other side.  When everything solidified I spatulaed it onto a plate and garnished it with fresh cilantro leaves.  It was amazingly delicious and reminded me of a Vietnamese crepe, except all the egg whites gave it a lighter quiche like texture.  An interesting meal that got rid of two PPIs.


I then drove to Smith’s on Carlisle at Constitution to deposit checks and buy milk and orange juice.

I then drove to Costco to get gas and finally drove to Total Wine to buy some champagne.  I had received a 20% off coupon and a $10.00 gift certificate, so I splurged and bought a bottle of Mary Edwards 2015 Sauvignon Blanc rated 93 points for $45.00, plus a bottle of Le Pont Bandol rose, and a new chablis, plus two bottles of Cruse Blanc de Blanc champagne.

When I arrived home Suzette and Willy were there.  It was after 4:00 so a little late for a ride, so we watched Bill Maher and then I fixed dinner.

Suzette had brought a roasted chicken from the Greenhouse Bistro.  I steamed 13 stalks of asparagus and heated plates with the dark meat quarters and a buttered baked potato and then added the steamed asparagus to the plate.  I poured out the last two glasses of Sadet Vouvray for a quick easy dinner.  Willy left to go to dinner with friends before we ate.

We watched three shows of Curb Your Enthusiasm and then a little of the Australian Mystery on PBS.

I ate the PPI artichokes later.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment