Monday, September 30, 2024

September 30, 2024 Lunch - Vietnam 2000. Dinner - Fabada

 September 30, 2024 Lunch - Vietnam 2000. Dinner - Fabada


This morning I ate a pain au chocolate with a cup of tea with fresh ginger root and a cup of orange juice.


Then I went to a meeting at Birdland. When that ended at 10:45 I drove to Vietnam 2000 and ordered No. 87, rice sheets on a bed of sautéed mung bean sprouts and garnished with egg rolls and grilled marinated pork.





I then drove home and rested until 3:30 when Suzette arrived and we watched TV news and she roasted a package of pork belly we bought at Costco.p and simmered the Fabada beans to which she had added morcilla sausage and chorizo. By 7:00 everything was ready. I cut two 1 1/2 inch square pieces of roasted pork belly and we each put one on our bowl of Fabada beans. I drank water and Suzette drank tequila, guess in celebration of her recovery from her cold.



We watched the road show and Monday Night Football in which Detroit beat Seattle.


Today, AppL went up $5.21 along with a few other high tech stocks, not including NVDA that made my portfolio increase by .0066% to a near an all time high.


I did not walk much today and did not record my steps until noon because my phone was not turned on.


I enjoyed the Fabada. Suzette says the beans are not as soft as those in Spain because we are 5000 feet higher in elevation. In Spain the beans are like envelopes of cream. Here they are decidedly more like beans.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment