Thursday, September 12, 2024

September 12, 2024 Lunch - Eirado. Dinner - Salad Nicoise and Linguine with Clam and Mussels

 September 12, 2024 Lunch - Eirado. Dinner -  Salad Nicoise and Linguine with Clam and Mussels


I ate two pain au chocolat and drank a cup of coffee with milk for breakfast.  Then Luke  drove us to Pontevedra. Luke went to a coffee bar in Combarro earlier. We walked to the main square in the old center of Pontevedra and Luke and Suzette wanted to shop so I found a bakery with outdoor seating and ordered a coffee con Leche and a pain au chocolat again and sat and read and ate and drank until they returned. The double coffees and triple chocolate made my stomach feel a little funny so I did not want to eat much for lunch. We looked around and found a five star restaurant Michelin recommended in old town named Eirado and I decided to try it. The waiter recommended the full menu but we did not want a big meal.  Suzette and I ordered tempura oysters and a grouper. Willy ordered cod.









The Oysters were really soft in an oyster flavored béchamel sauce garnished with salmon caviar. They were the best part of the meal. The cod was undercooked and the grouper was cooked to tender but an astounding 48 Euros. I ordered a glass of Albariño and the bill was 114 Euro for food we could barely eat. Probably the second worst meal of the trip.


Luke left before we ordered and later said he got a very negative vibe from the waiter, which I got also. I should have left but did not.


Suzette took the experience philosophically. Luke went to a small Restauranr and ordered black rice with squid and other seafood and probably had a better meal for a fraction of the cost of our mea.


After lunch we decided to go to the Pontevedra Art Museum.


After a bit of circuitous walking we found it. It had a strong collection of Galician painters, especially of the 20th century.  Suzette kept texting Willy and Luke to tell them where we were and by the time we finished viewing the art, Willy joined us and then went to meet Luke at the restaurant he was eating at and then they went to fetch the car and picked us up at a restaurant across the street from the museum and drove us back to the house at 5:00. It was a good day in the market, and that eased the pain of a failed lunch.


I napped until 7:00 and at 7:30 willy and I drove 35 minutes to Vigo airport to pick Billy up at 8:20.


When we returned to the house a few minutes after 9:00 Luke and Suzette had prepared A lovely Salad Nicoise and boiled more linguine and heated the clam and mussel sauce from last night. I made an olive oil and lemon dressing for the salad and we opened another bottle of Lopez de Haro white Rioja wine for dinner. We sliced bread that Luke and Willy bought at our new favorite bakery in Combarro and had a wonderful light dinner.



After dinner we ate Chocolates and drank brandy mixed with herbal liquor.


Then we watched season four episode 5 of a Emily in Paris and went to bed a bit before midnight.


We will now try to eat cheaper comidas del dia.


Everyone is encouraging me to walk more but in my own way of walking and resting I suspect I walked 4000 steps today, which is a plus day for me.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment