Monday, September 30, 2024

September 27, 2024 Lunch - O’Niell’s Pub. Dinner - Sautéed Salmon filet, Rice, and Steamed Green Beans

 September 27, 2024 Lunch - O’Niell’s Pub. Dinner - Sautéed Salmon filet, Rice, and Steamed Green Beans


I woke up at 2:30 and stayed up until 6:00 and slept until 8:00. An average night’s sleep of around 6 hours.


Then I made a mushroom and green onion omelet and toasted three small slices of baguette for breakfast with a cup of Earl Grey tea.



Then I met with Aaron until 11:00 when I went to Susan and Charlie’s to ride to Book club lunch at O’Niell’s Pub at 3301 Juan Tabo with Charlie. I ordered fish and chips and shared some of each with Peter to save my stomach from a disaster and to share.





We then drove to Travis’ house in High Desert where we met Suzanne, his wife, and held an unusually long discussion from 1:30 until almost 5:00 about Portage to San Cristobal by Steiner.  It is a complicated work of fiction.



After the discussion we ate cookies for dessert and Charlie drove Peter and me home.



Suzette was sleeping when I arrived so I checked and my portfolio was down .6% and then watched the news until Suzette awakened.


We decided I would cook the two additional salmon filets, rice, and green beans.


I started 1 cup of rice with seaweed and dashi and when there were 5 minutes left of cooking time for the rice, I threw on the green beans and sautéed the salmon to just about al dente.


This was the second meal of salmon not counting the Gravad lax curing in the fridge and there were the tails in the fridge for sashimi.



I sautéed the two salmon filets to just beyond seared with some red uncooked area in the middle. We ate a lovely dinner of salmon on a pile of rice and green beans with the rest of the Emma Reichard dry Riesling (Trader Joe’s).




At 9:00 I removed the Gravad lax and washed and dried and wrapped the cured salmon in Saran and refrigerated the two slabs.





Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment