Monday, June 4, 2018

June 4, 2018 Lunch – PPI Seafood Chowder. Dinner – Skillet One dish with steak, roasted vegetables, and asparagus

June 4, 2018 Lunch – PPI Seafood Chowder.  Dinner – Skillet One dish with steak, roasted vegetables, and asparagus

I ate yogurt, milk, blueberries, and granola.

For lunch I added a handful of soba Japanese buckwheat noodles and roasted vegetables and heated the PPI Seafood Chowder.  It was still good, filling, and I did not get sick.


I thawed two pork chops but when Suzette arrived home she said she was hungry and willing to use last night’s PPIs to make a one dish dinner.  We decided we wanted the sweetness of onion, so I sliced 1 Vidalia onion, seven small cloves of garlic, and 8 or 9 stalks of asparagus.  Then I removed the fat from the slices of steak and diced the steak.

Suzette sautéed the onion and garlic in butter, then added the PPI roasted vegetables, then the asparagus and finally the PPI steak and mushrooms.



There were two open bottles a 1999 Romanian Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2016 Grossette Cotes Du Rhone from Carianne, which we drank with the dinner.



The one dish dinner was delicious.  As Suzette said, “The addition of onion and being sautéed in butter gave the dish more flavor.”

I ate some chunky peanut butter with a Calvados and cup of tea after dinner.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment