Saturday, June 2, 2018

June 1, 2018 A Weird Day of Food

This whirlwind day of activity led to grabbing food on the run.

It started at 7:00 when we decided to go buy a new propane grill at Home Depot.  That adventure lasted until 10:00 when I finally returned home and ate 1/3 of a bagel with cream cheese, Lax, onion, and capers; what turned out to be the only normal food of the day.

I then worked until 1:15, then showered and delivered an edit of a petition to Bill Turner.  There was a hoagie sandwich lying on Bill’s conference table.  I grabbed a piece of it and ate as we talked about fixing his petition.

At 2:00 I drove to the Center for a 2:30 massage by Alma, which helped my body feel better.

When I returned home at 4:45 Suzette was home.  She then showered and dressed for the evening.

While she was getting ready, I toasted and buttered a slice of whole wheat bread and lay the last two slices of liverwurst (that smelled slightly spoiled), four slices of cucumber, slices of Vidalia onion, and Roma tomato on it and drank a beer and hurriedly ate it.

Things did not slow down much after that.  We went downtown for Arts Crawl to Summer and Dine Gallery, where I drank a glass of punch.  Then we crossed the street to 516 Gallery for its interesting Cypher show where I ate two oatmeal cookies and topped off my lunch with some Pellegrino.

Then we drove to Matrix Gallery to see the Paul Sanchez paintings.  I ate a tortilla wrap of cold cuts, several vegetable sticks stuck in a spinach dip, and two apricots dipped in chocolate as we looked at art.  I have had bad luck with food at Matrix Gallery before so I should have known I may be in for trouble, but when is there and you are hungry, you often disregard your prior experience.

Then we drove to Kilt Check to drink and order beer for the June 23 feast at the Center.  We talked to Mike and Sheryl, tasted beers and ciders, and Suzette ordered three excellent beers for her dinner.

Suzette liked the Pear cider, so we went looking for the cider maker’s location, which we found in the middle of the Broadbent Industrial Center.  It was named Craftroom.  Suzette tried a flight of ciders and I drank a glass of black cherry cider, which was a little sweet for my taste.  We both agreed that the best ciders were the lemon mango and the Sandia (watermelon) ciders, with the watermelon being our favorite.

Suzette wanted to order some bar food at the Craftroom and soon agreed on Mushrooms stuffed with Marinara sauce, cheese, and pepperoni salami.  There were five nice fresh mushroom caps.  We enjoyed the no carb dish, although unit was spicy.

At around 8:30 we drove home.  I was tired but sore, so I got in bed.  Suzette fetched me a Tumeric capsule and rubbed my sore side and I soon went to sleep.  I awoke at 1:00 with loose bowels and went to the bathroom, drank a glass of water and watched the PBS News Hour.

Then went back to bed and wrote this blog.

I firmly believe that there are bacteria in my gut that react violently to introduction of unclean or spoiled food into my system and today’s food experience was one more example of the bacteria forcing bad food out as soon as possible, which I consider a protective measure.

Perhaps I should have drunk more beer.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment