Tuesday, June 26, 2018

June 26, 2018 Lunch – Danish Open face Sandwiches. Dinner – PPI Pork Ribs, Cole Slaw, and Corn on the Cobb

June 26, 2018 Lunch – Danish Open face Sandwiches. Dinner – PPI Pork Ribs, Cole Slaw, and Corn on the Cobb

I breakfasted on yogurt, granola, milk, and blueberries.

I had a busy day today.  I worked on the water case until 10:00.  Then I rode to Campbell Rd. And took a shower when I returned home.

 At noon I made four open faced sandwiches, one with beef pate’ topped with a slice of cucumber on a slice of buttered whole wheat bread, one on buttered whole wheat bread with thinly sliced onion, turkey salad and slices of Roma tomato, the final sandwiches were also on whole wheat bread but I spread the bread with crema and lay thin slices of onion and pickled herring on them.

I drank a Negra Modelo with the sandwiches and ate cracked green olives as a condiment.






I then worked until 4:30, when I went to the bank and then a client’s to review and sign a contract.

Then I drove to El Super and shopped for produce.  I bought a head of Romaine lettuce, 9 small avocados, four sweet potatoes, bananas, broccoli, cilantro, yellow onions, green onions, blueberries, eggs, six smoked pork cutlets, limes, and a bunch of red beets.  I am ready to stay inside our house and cook for a while.

I returned home at 6:30 and Suzette arrived a bit later.

We were both bushed after working all day and enduring today’s 103 degree temperatures, so I suggested the easiest dinner possible; heating PPI spare ribs that we cooked on Sunday and serving them with the Cole slaw we made to go with them.  I was pleasantly surprised when a Suzette suggested we boil some of the ears of corn we bought at Sprouts last Saturday and agreed immediately.

The meal was delicious.  Suzette filled a small ramekin with BBQ sauce for dipping the rib meat and we dipped and ate our way through the plate of food with relish.


Suzette drank a beer and I drank cold water.

After dinner I drank my new favorite after dinner drink; rompope mixed with cognac, fancy instant egg nog.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment