Wednesday, June 20, 2018

June 20, 2018. Lunch – PPI Fried tofu, mixed meats, and mixed Vegetables. Dinner – Turkey Divan.

June 20, 2018. Lunch – PPI Fried tofu, mixed meats, and mixed Vegetables. Dinner – Turkey Divan.

This was a huge food day.

I ate four meals.

For breakfast I fried two pieces of bacon until crisp and then a slice of onion with two over easy eggs and toasted and buttered a small piece of whole wheat bread and spread peach butter on it.


At 12:30 I heated the PPIs from last night’s agglomeration of fried tofu, mixed Vegetables an three meats.i t was very filling but about fifteen minutes after I finished it I ate the last wedge of Santa Claus melon with a scoop of chunky peanut butter in the cavity.


Then at 5:15 I toasted two pieces of Kommisarbrod. I spread butter on one and laid slices of Jarlsberg cheese on it.  I spread sour cream on the other and lay slices of Vidalia onion and pieces of pickled herring and drank water with them as I watched the business news.

I meditated for about an hour and returned home a few minutes after 7:00.

Suzette wanted to recreate our turkey dinner in one bowl.  She layered mashed potatoes, asparagus with bread points, gravy, and turkey and pieces of chard from the garden  in bowls and heated them in the microwave to heat the dish and cook the chard.  Then suzettte added a spoonful of the PPI apricot /cherry compote she made for the turkey dinner.

My mother used to make a similar casserole with broccoli instead of chard and made a mornay sauce by adding grated cheese to a cream sauce or gravy and then baking it in the oven.  Mother called the dish turkey divan.  For lack of a better name I call the dish Suzette constructed tonight by that name because it is so similar.



I went to the garage and fetched a bottle of 2016 Gruner  Vetliner (Trader Joe’s $6.99) and poured each of us a glass.

We took our plates and glasses to the garden and ate all fresco.  Even at 8:20 it was fully light due to our proximity to the summer solstice tomorrow.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment