Saturday, March 9, 2024

March 9, 2024 Lunch - Costco Hot Dog, snack - PPI BBQ Spare ribs with pinto beans, Dinner - Vietnamese omelet with chicken

March 9, 2024 Lunch - Costco Hot Dog,  snack - PPI BBQ Spare ribs with pinto beans, Dinner - Vietnamese omelet with chicken


I watched soccer in the morning and Suzette slept until almost 9:00.


Then at 10:30 we took bottles to the recycling center and then drove to Home Depot and then Costco.


We started by eating a hot dog.  Then we shopped for toilet paper, Spanish olive oil, eggs, cream, French Roast coffee, large Manila clams to make Fabes con almejas, a wedge of Jarlsberg, a round of brie, and two cases of wine; 12 bottles of 2021 Embroidery Sonoma Ridge Pinot Noir for $7.99 per bottle and about the same price for 3 bottles each of Kirkland Chianti Superiore Riserva and Kirkland Rioja Reserva.


When we returned home Suzette soaked Fabada beans from Spain and then drove the items she bought at Home Depot to the Center and returned at 3:30 when we heated the PPI BBQ spare ribs and BBQ flavored pinto beans and ate them with Negra Modelos.




Then I went walked around the block and at 5:00 we dressed for the symphony and drove to the symphony at 5:30.


The program was l I started with a short 7 minute piece composed by a local composer who is Navajo and won the 2022 Pulitzer Prize for his piece titled, Voiceless Mass.


Then the main piece Beethoven’s Concerto for violin. A young Korean American woman named Song was the soloist. I loved the Beethoven concerto.


We saw Fay Abrams, Harris Hartz, and a Wayne and Elaine Chew at intermission.


The the last piece was Brahms’ First Symphony, which I did not care for. 


After the concert we drove home and I diced a carrot, a Roma tomato, 5 sprigs of parsley, and 1/2 of  a yellow onion that Suzette combined with some fresh chicken broth and water to cook the Fabada beans she soaked for 1:00 until 8:00 when we returned from Costco.


I soon became apparent it would take e beans hours to soften, so I prepared a Vietnamese omelet. I diced four asparagus stalks, about a dozen snow peas, two cloves of garlic, a minced shallot, I sliced two mushrooms, four slices of ginger, and two chicken supremes, I sautéed the ingredients and then added sprouted mung bean sprouts and the chicken.  After everything started to gel I flipped one side onto the other side.


I drank water and loved the flavors.


After dinner we ate a few cookies and I drank a cup of chai and we watched SNL and then went to bed.


Bon Appetit

 


No comments:

Post a Comment