Tuesday, March 5, 2024

March 5, 2024 Lunch - PPI Lamb Shank in Pomegranate Sauce with Broccoli, Couscous and rce. Dinner - Oyster Stew

March 5, 2024 Lunch - PPI Lamb Shank in Pomegranate Sauce with Broccoli, Couscous and rce. Dinner - Oyster Stew

I had a cup of Earl Grey tea with two Belgium Chocolate Crepes for breakfast and watched as the market took a deep dive with Apple leading the way.


I worked at my desk for a bit and ate lunch with Suzette when she returned from helping curate the miniature show at the Albuquerque Museum around noon.


She heated the leftover lamb shank in pomegranate sauce and broccoli, and couscous we ate several days ago.  I added the remaining 1/2 cup of cooked jasmine rice to my bowl of lamb and couscous as the sauce was substantial enough to coat and give the extra rice a strong lamb flavor. After we finished lunch I heated a pita and spread it with labni (see photo below) and ate it with a few olives.



Suzette left to go to the Center and at 1:00 I watched the EUFA marches between Lazio v. Bayern Munich that Bayern Munich won 3 to 0 and Paris St. Germain crushed Real Sociedad 2 to 1.


At 3:30 I took three bottles of frozen oysters out of the freezer to thaw and then went to Bill Turner’s to review a water rights sales package .


At  5:00 I drove to Smith’s to grocery shop, where I bought: milk, eggs, cream cheese, sour cream, some Chuck roast, some salmon, tuna, and scallops, a rutabaga, two turnips, an onion, oatmeal cookies, a baguette, a wedge of cheddar cheese, a slice of Gruyere cheese, and shallots 


When I returned home Suzette was starting to make her new wonderful recipe for oyster stew that combines chopped leek, celery, and diced potatoes sautéed in butter with milk, tarragon, and oysters to make a rich milk based oyster stew.



I toasted a piece of the La Brea Baguette and ate that with the stew. We each crumbled two saltine crackers into our bowl of stew and each drank a glass of French Palantir Sauvignon Blanc with the stew.. Palantir is my favorite Sauvignon Blanc for the money.  I think it is $6.99 at Trader Joe’s.



Suzette’s oyster stew has become one of my favorite meals and up it is affordable because we buy 8 oz. jars of oysters when they are marked down to $3.25.

After dinner, we watched the Super Tuesday results and when Suzette went to bed at 9;00I I watched the Phoenix Suns beat the Denver Nuggets and went to bed at 10:30 to blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment