Friday, March 8, 2024

March 8, 2024 Lunch - Duck Leg Soup and Vegetable egg rolls Dinner - Roast Chicken, Steamed broccoli, and Mashed Potatoes in brown gravy I awakened at 4:00 and stayed up until almost 6:00 and then slept until 8:45 when I drank a cup of green tea. I ate a bowl of granola at 9:30 and finished the book club notes by 11:00 when I drank a latte machiatta and ate a chocolate crepe. The problem with an automatic coffee maker is that you can have an excellent cup of coffee whenever the whim strikes you.

March 8, 2024 Lunch - Duck Leg Soup and Vegetable egg rolls Dinner - Roast Chicken, Steamed broccoli, and Mashed Potatoes in brown gravy


I awakened at 4:00 and stayed up until almost 6:00 and then slept until 8:45 when I drank a cup of green tea.


I ate a bowl of granola at 9:30 and finished the book club notes by 11:00 when I drank a latte machiatta and ate a chocolate crepe. The problem with an automatic coffee maker is that you can have an excellent cup of coffee whenever the whim strikes you.


Then at 12:30 Suzette returned and we ate lunch at 12:30.  She re-heated the remaining duck leg soup from our lunch on Wednesday at Vietnam 2000 and about a dozen of the prepared vegetable egg rolls from Costco by broiling them in the oven and served them with a plum sauce provided with the egg rolls.




Lunch was wonderful.


I tried to work on the new contract after lunch but became sleepy by 3:3 so I lay down and napped until 5:45.


When I awakened Suzette was in the kitchen and the chicken I bought at Smith’s stuffed with rosemary and garlic was roasting in the oven.


We decided to steam broccoli and heat the PPI mashed potatoes with the PPI brown sauce.


Suzette had already fetched a bottle of Gruner Vietliner from the garage, so we drank that with the really well roasted chicken, steamed broccoli, on a bed of mashed potatoes mixed with brown gravy.


Suzette cooked a good meal and there was lots of white meat left.





After dinner Suzette boiled the carcass in water with celery, onion, and a carrot to made a rich chicken stock.


After dinner we drank cognacs with squares of chocolate and watched a movie Luke recommended titled “House of Flowers” that was a crazy telenovella romp about a rich Jewish Mexican family. I do not think it had much of a plot but the rapid scene and time and plot shifts kept me absorbed by the imagery.


At 9:30 Suzette went to bed and .


I ate too many meals today, but enjoyed .


Today the market experienced a complete melt down over $52.00 but it was saved a bit by an increase in Apple that left my portfolio marginally higher than two days ago.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment