Tuesday, September 10, 2019

September 8, 2019 Brunch – Dungeness Crab with vegetables and Bean Salad Dinner - Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread


September 8, 2019 Brunch – Dungeness Crab with vegetables and
Bean Salad   Dinner - Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread

I awakened around 7:45 I watched Fareed Zackaria and then toasted a bagel and spread it with cream cheese and then added slices of rat ed onion and gravad lax and sprinkled capers on it and drank a cup of hot green tea. 

After we talked to Luke at 10:30 we decided to prepare our brunch.

On Friday I had bought a 2 lb. frozen Dungeness crab at Costco.

Our favorite brunch is Crab and champagne with a salad of some kind.

Today we steamed six stalks of asparagus, I diced a tomato, and peeled and sliced 1/3 of a cucumber.

I fetched a bottle of Gruet Brut Rose and put it into the freezer to chill.

I then cleaned the crab and broke it into two equal halves.

Suzette placed the crab on a tray with ice and fetched the bean salad from the fridge.

Mayonnaise Mignonette Sauce

I made our favorite dipping sauce by finely mincing ½ shallot and soaking it in fresh lemon juice for a few minutes to cook it and then added about 2/3 cup of mayo, 1 T. of horseradish and ¼ cup of thinly sliced chives.

Suzette filled the ice bucket with water and ice and transferred the champagne to the bucket and set the table and we took everything out to the gazebo.

After a lovely brunch I packed for my overnight in T or C and then watched a documentary on the Highwaymen, the band with Willy Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash in the late 1990’s and then drove to Patty’s house on Elephant Butte Lake, arriving at 5:20.


Steve was there and we talked for while.  She had made dinner and we ate a lovely dinner of spaghetti and meat sauce that is almost identical to mine with mushrooms, oregano, tomato sauce, and several bay leaves.


I covered my spaghetti sauce with black olives and Parmesan cheese.  She baked the garlic bread in the oven to crisp perfection.   

I slept like a babe until 5:30 and then worked until 7:30 and then dressed and had a Pro-Cal shake for breakfast.

Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment