Monday, September 30, 2019

September 30, 2019 Lunch – Capo’s Restaurant. Dinner – Sautéed Filet Mignon with Cottage Fries, onions, mushrooms and sautéed Shishito peppers

September 30, 2019 Lunch – Capo’s Restaurant. Dinner – Sautéed Filet Mignon with Cottage Fries, onions, mushrooms and sautéed Shishito peppers

What a busy day with several work and food surprises.

 I was awakened by Buddy at 7:15.  I met with him and we caught up on doings and I completed some corporate work for him that lasted until 9:30 that  caused me to miss my breakfast, my shower, and my bike ride.

I got dressed and grabbed an apple and drove to my podiatry appointment at 10:45.

After the appointment I went to Trader Joe’s and bought, two chocolate bars, Artichokes, a loaf of ciabatta bread, and 15 bottles of wine.

I took those home and then drove to Capo’s to meet Patty, Steve, Bill, Sally, and Matt for a working lunch.  We all ordered the daily special of lasagna and a salad.  It was delicious, as usual and a bargain for $6.99.

I then returned a book to the library and drove to Bill Turner’s office to complete an order in Steve’s case.

I got home after 2:30 and Pat called and wanted to come over to finish the review of his Sales Agreement.  He arrived around 3:00 and we worked on the final revisions until almost 5:30, when Suzette arrived.

I had not made any plan for dinner but after some discussion we decided to use some of the ingredients we had to create a one skillet dinner. We thawed two small filet Mignons. I then peeled and diced a russet potato, an onion, and sliced five or six portobello mushrooms.  Suzette sautéed them in a large skillet and in another skillet sautéed a handful of shishito peppers we bought at the Farmers’ market last week.  I fetched a bottle of 2014 Chateau Rodier from Montaigne-St.. Emillon Appellation Controlle and Suzette fetched the pitcher of Bernaise Sauce.  The smooth red mostly merlot red wine went perfectly with the sautéed steak and vegetables.  We loved our spontaneous elegant dinner.






After dinner we finished the bottle with a few Belgium chocolates as we watched the Antique Roadshow.

Suzette went to bed at 9:00, but I stayed up to watch the Queen’s 90th photo album and drink a bit of Calvados and a couple more chocolates with a couple of cups of chai.

What a fabulous finish to a busy day that started so inauspiciously.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment