Tuesday, September 10, 2019

September 10, 2019 Lunch – PPI Stir Fried Pork with Yu Choy Dinner - Poached salmon in a Cream sauce with sautéed Broccoli, Chanterelle Mushrooms and Leeks

September 10, 2019 Lunch – PPI Stir Fried Pork with Yu Choy  Dinner - Poached salmon in a Cream sauce with sautéed Broccoli, Chanterelle Mushrooms and Leeks

This was one of those catch as catch can days of food.

I ate yogurt, blueberries, granola, and milk, the spent until noon with Comcast technicians installing our new high speed internet modem and digital boxes and a security technician that created a new bundle of three services instead of four services.

I did a purchase agreement and then had a late lunch of PPI Pork, water chestnuts, and Yu Choy around 2:30.

I went to the Library to pick up our next book club book and then to a 3:30 appointment with a client.
    
I got home after 5:20 and watched some news and thawed out two pieces of salmon.

I chilled a bottle of 2017 Domaine du Touch from Cotes de Gascogne.  A bright white Colombard and Sauvignon Blanc blend with slight mineral and green apple overtones.

I decided to poach the salmon and make a cream sauce with the poaching medium.  I picked through a head of broccoli that was beginning to go bad to surgically find small bits of flowerets. I diced a large leek.  Then when Suzette arrived with a container of fresh chanterelles the menu was complete.  I would sauté the leek, broccoli and chanterelles in butter and olive oil.  I would poach the salmon and make a cream sauce with the poaching medium.

I made a poaching medium with about 2/3 cup of white wine, 2/3 cup of chicken stock, 2 T. of diced leek and about 1 tsp. of elephant garlic plus some salt and pepper and 2 T. of butter.  I poached the fish covered until cooked. 

Then I made a roux by cooking at moderate heat for three minutes 2 T. of Butter and 2 T. of flour.  When the salmon was finished cooking I added some poaching medium to the roux and then when it smoothed out, I added the roux rich sauce to the poaching medium in the skillet to loosen it up and I cooked the sauce a couple of minutes to finish the sauce.

Suzette plated the sautéed vegetables and the fish in pasta bowls and I added the sauce to coat the salmon and poured glasses of Touch and we had a fabulous dinner.


Jiffy Cobbler

While I was cooking Suzette peeled several peaches from her trees in Los Lunas and added a 6 oz. container of blueberries and made a jiffy cobbler that she cooked while we ate our dinner.




After dinner she spooned warm cobbler into a small bowl and covered it with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream for a memorable dessert.


A great end of summer meal with mostly all fresh ingredients.

Bon Appetit   

No comments:

Post a Comment