Tuesday, September 24, 2019

September 24, 2019 Lunch – Miso Noodle Soup with Fish ballad and shrimp. Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak and Shishito peppers with baked potato and Cesar Salad

September 24, 2019 Lunch – Miso Noodle Soup with Fish ballad and shrimp. Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak and Shishito peppers with baked potato and Cesar Salad

I ate granola, yogurt, milk, and ½ peach diced for breakfast and then rode 10 miles.

At noon I made a pot of miso soup with three kinds of noodles, buckwheat/soba, bean cellophane, and wheat vermicelli plus dashi, red miso, green onions, a shallot, several diced leaves of baby bok Choy, four shrimp, ten white beech mushrooms, and four fried fish balls.


After lunch I thawed two rib steaks

I worked until 5:30, although Suzette arrived at 4:30.  We put four russet potatoes in the oven to bake for 45 minutes at 5:30 at 375 degrees.

Luke came home at 6:30 and Willy arrived at 8:00.

I made a Caesar salad with the fresh head of Romaine, grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and Suzette made croutons from six or seven diced slices of German Whole Wheat bread.  I made a fresh Caesar dressing with 2/3cup of olive oil, ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice, six diced anchovy filets, and two egg yolks.

Suzette Grilled the steaks and shishito peppers and I fetched a bottle of DePonte red blend Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.

We had a family dinner on the patio in the cool.




After a Willy left and a Suzette went to bed at 9:30, Luke and I watched the third installment of Country Music.  Luke left, but I stayed to the end and went to bed around midnight with my head swimming with music.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment