Thursday, June 8, 2017

June 8, 2017 Lunch – Lax and bagel sandwich. Dinner – PPI Red Cooked Chicken and sautéed snow peas on penne pasta

June 8, 2017 Lunch – Lax and bagel sandwich. Dinner – PPI Red Cooked Chicken and sautéed snow peas on penne pasta

Tahir brought me some bagels the other day from his Donut Mart.  They are the best bagels I have had in Albuquerque.  Yesterday I bought a package of Lucerne cream cheese at Albertson’s.  Today I decided to eat a bagel with cream cheese, Lax, capers, garnished with slices of tomato and onion for lunch.  I ate two dill pickles with the sandwich.  I loved the everything bagel although I toasted it twice and dried it out a bit.

We decided to eat the last of the red cooked chicken for dinner with fresh snow peas from the garden.  We went to the garden and picked a basket full of snow peas.

I filled my pasta bowl with a handful of penne pasta.  Suzette heated the chicken and snapped the ends off about ½ lb. of peas and I then sautéed them in the PPI salt and olive oil in which Suzette had cooked the garlic scrapes, which imparted a charred garlic flavor to them.  When the chicken in its sauce was heated we plated the chicken and sauce and laid the sautéed snow peas on top of the chicken.  Suzette is serious about dieting and ate no pasta.

Later Suzette ate a bowl of clafoutis and I ate about four bites.

At bedtime I got an urge to eat something and ate a dill pickle.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment