Monday, June 5, 2017

June 3, 2017 Breakfast – Flying Star Lunch – shrimp Italian salad, Dinner – PPI Red cooked Chicken with fresh chard

June 3, 2017 Breakfast – Flying Star   Lunch – shrimp Italian salad,  Dinner – PPI Red cooked Chicken with fresh chard

I ate a bowl of blueberries and yogurt at 7:00 and drove to Flying Star for a meeting at 7:30 with Marty and Aaron, my Railway partners.  Aaron brought his daughter,  Cecile, and ordered her a plate of blueberry pancakes with fruit slices.  She only ever a few bites so I ate some of what she left.

At 10:30 I drove home.  By 11:30 I was hungry, so I toasted two slices of seeded rye bread and spread crema on them and then lay slices of Lax on one and pieces of Swedish sherry flavored herring (Talin, Larsen’s) on the other.

When Suzette arrived we rode to Rio Bravo and back.

When then made lunch of salad greens and the first five or six snow peas from our garden garnished with PPI Swedish Italian salad combined with chunks of the PPI shrimp we boiled on a Sunday.

We rested after lunch until 3:00 when we drove to Gruet Winery for champagne and fresh oysters to celebrate Laurent’s birthday.  We each ate a dozen oysters and drank a glass of Gruet’s Rose’ Sauvage champagne.  We enjoyed speaking to Laurent and his wife.  Laurent told me his newest project is to create a dessert wine, which will be released in the next few weeks.


                   Gruet's tasting room with a view of the racked French oak barrels filled with Pinot Noir.

It  turned out something was wrong with the Italian salad or an oyster because it upset my stomach and I got a wave of diarrhea later in the evening.

For dinner we ate PPI red cooked chicken sautéed with fresh chard I had picked in out garden, de-stemmed, sectioned and cleaned and the PPI vegetables and fried tofu from our Friday night dinner at East Ocean. I did not find the lack of rice with the dish unpleasant, even though I had the feeling that I was eating to live rather than living to eat until I realized that the opposite was true; that by losing weight and exercising I am learning to live a longer happier life, hopefully.

           The final dish with the addition of the heated and pulled   red cooked chicken


    The vegetables cooking in the wok.

We watched game three of the Stanley Cup Finals between Pittsburgh and Nashville that was played in Nashville.  Nashville played inspired hockey for its hometown fans and won 5 to 1 to bring the series to 2 games to 1 in favor of Pittsburgh.

We went to bed around 9:30.  Suzette still has her cold.

It is 4:30 on June 5, 2017 as I write this.  I awoke with a stomach ache at 4:00 a.m., probably from the cream in the clafoutis plus the added fish to my system, so I gave the enzymes in my stomach a fresh meal of yogurt and the situation seems to be settling down.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment