Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June 6, 2017. Lunch – PPI grilled red snapper, mango salsa, and black bean burrito. Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak and garlic scapes, baked potato, steamed green beans, and sautéed onions


June 6, 2017. Lunch – PPI grilled red snapper, mango salsa, and black bean burrito. Dinner – Grilled Rib Steak and garlic scapes, baked potato, steamed green beans, and sautéed onions

We rode to Rio Bravo.
Breakfast was granola, yogurt, blueberries, and milk.

This morning I paid off the mortgage on my house.

I invited Willy for lunch.  We made burritos with the dishes from last night’s meal; mango salsa, refried black beans, and grilled red snapper.  I drank a Modelo Especial and Willy drank water.

I thawed a steak out.  At 5:30 I put five russet potatoes into a 375 degree oven for 1 hour on convection. Then I went to garden and picked sage leaves and chives and lavender and scraped another dozen scapes.  I then sliced the sage leaves and a large onion into thin slices and Pulled the flowers of three stalks of lavender. Suzette sautéed the onion, lavender, and sage in butter and olive, salt, and pepper.

I diced the chives and snapped the ends off the green beans and put them into the steamer with water and Suzette turned on the heat under the beans when she put the steak and olive oil soaked scapes on the grill.

When the steak and scapes were grilled, Suzette brought them in and covered the steak with foil to allow it to continue to cook air more.  When the green beans were cooked I sliced the steak and took the butter, crema, bearnaise sauce, and Suzette fetched the sorrel pesto.

We plated our plates with steak, a baked potato, sautéed onions and grilled scapes and steak.  I fetched the béarnaise sauceand smeared some onto my steak.




I went to the basement and fetched a bottle of 2010 Wellington Morehardt Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon.  The wine was impeccable, smooth, fruity with great character.

I finished the wine with the last of the French Brie and then had a few chocolates with a glass of Calvados.

I also ate a few bites of the clafoutis I made with Rainier cherries on Sunday.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment