Wednesday, June 7, 2017

June 7, 2017 A PPI Day. Lunch – Duck Salad. Dinner – Pork Stroganoff and Black Beans with Penne Pasta


June 7, 2017 A PPI Day. Lunch – Duck Salad. Dinner – Pork Stroganoff and Black Beans with Penne Pasta

I ate my usual breakfast of blueberries, granola, yogurt, and milk.

Then at noon I went to the garden and picked a basket of lettuce.

I cleaned the lettuce and made a salad with 1/3 cucumber, 1 Roma tomato and two scallions sliced plus all the PPI roasted duck from our dinner at East Ocean last week and a handful of croutons.

I had a doctor’s appointment that lasted until 4:30.

I then went by Albertson’s and bought hamburger meat for $1.77/lb. and a package of cream cheese.

I took the groceries home and went to meditation until 7:00.

When I returned home I had no dinner plan.  Suzette suggested heating
PPI black beans and pork stroganoff.  We had squash blossoms, which Suzette sliced and put in the skillet with the beans and stroganoff.  She also steamed a handful of snow peas.  We garnished the dish with the snow peas and requeson cheese.

Suzette drank water and I drank the last ½ glass of La Granja Rose’.

I loved the rich flavor of the black beans that had been seasoned with hoja Santa and an avocado leaf.

The stroganoff was wonderful also with its creamy sauce.




I filled my bowl with a handful of PPI penne pasta and  ladled the beans and stroganoff over it.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment