Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 13, 2017 Lunch – Penne Pasta in Spaghetti Sauce with Chard, Mushroom, hamburger meat, onion, and Tomato Dinner – Grilled Halibut, with Mango Salsa and Sautéed Mexican Squash and Sorrel

June 13, 2017  Lunch – Penne Pasta in Spaghetti Sauce with Chard, Mushroom, hamburger meat, onion, and Tomato   Dinner – Grilled Halibut, with Mango Salsa and Sautéed Mexican Squash and Sorrel

Today I ate yogurt, granola, blue berries, and milk and the ½ of a bagel for breakfast.

Then we rode to Rio Bravo.

For Lunch I decided to make the same lunch I had made yesterday with the other cup of spaghetti sauce, sautéed with chard from the garden, dried oregano, a sliced Mushroom and a diced tomato plus onion and PPI hamburger meat.  Today I garnished the dish with slices of Oaxaca cheese and a crumble of requeson (Mexican Cottage cheese).  I drank iced green, lavender, mint tea.



For dinner we grilled the other piece of halibut we bought at Costco on Saturday.  I added a diced avocado and a some diced garlic to the PPI Mango Salsa.  We went to the garden and I picked dill and sorrel.  I diced a shallot. Then I got busy on the phone and Suzette took over and sliced a halved medium Mexican squash and the dill and cleaned and chopped the sorrel.

She then heated butter and live oil and sautéed the shallot and squash.  When I finished my work I returned to the kitchen and we added the chopped dill and sorrel to the large skillet holding the squash.  While I cooked the vegetables Suzette grilled the halibut.

When the halibut was ready I filleted it and we plated it with mango salsa and the vegetables and filled glasses with La Granja white blend of 70% Verdejo and 30% Viura.  We took our plates to the table under the gazebo in the garden and enjoyed the twilight.



After dinner we watched the PBS special on the Buddha.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment