September 25, 2026. Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate and yogurt with plums Lunch - Shrimp Salad Nicoise. Dinner - Linguine with Clams and Mussels in a fish stew sauce
Today was totally relaxing with a perfect day of food, great ingredients and PPIs cooked in our favored manner. We are at the end of the trip and need to try to use the ingredients we bought.
For breakfast I toasted and ate the wonderful Pain au Chocolate I bought yesterday at the fancy patisserie and yogurt with plums.
Then we dressed and walked to the market downtown where we judiciously bought 1 pound each of clams and mussels for dinner.
Suzette also bought an heirloom tomato for BLTs for lunch tomorrow, green beans, and beautiful fresh chanterelle mushrooms for dinner.
I made it up the staircase to the village in 17 minutes, which indicates I am getting stronger. During the day I accumulated over 4550 steps, which is a good day of exercise.
At 1:00 when we returned and had rested for an hour we made my new favorite lunch, shrimp salad with fresh boiled shrimp, wonderful lettuce, cucumber, warm potato slices, green beans, black nyon olives, bread croutons, and a lovely shallot dressing made with minced shallots, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and mayonnaise. As usual, we drank Bandol rose’.
After lunch I ate two slices of baguette with slices of St. Nectaire cheese.
Another cruise ship arrived of a much more modern design this morning and left around 6:30.
After lunch we rested and read until 6:00, when we started dinner.
I minced two medium shallots and four cloves of garlic and three white mushrooms and the chanterelle mushrooms.
Suzette boiled the remaining truffle linguine and sautéed the shallots and garlic, then emulsified the leftover monkfish fish stew and added it and in a separate pot steamed open the clams and mussels in a wine, butter, and water medium. We removed the clams from their shells and added them to the sauce. Suzette removed the mussels from their shells but kept them separated. I toasted slices of baguette. Then she added the cooked linguine to the sauce and we filled bowls of the linguine and Suzette garnished the bowls with six or seven bright orange colored mussels.
We poured glasses of the Ray-Jane box rose’ and ate a truly delicious meal. It is a perfect meal for me, because it is completely carbs and protein.
The freshness of the seafood and vegetables and fresh baked bread and pastries here in Southern France is virtually unobtainable and unimaginable in the U.S.
After dinner and watching the sunset with a second glass of wine we watched a Netflix movie titled Marriage Story starring Scarlett Johansson and Adam Driver about a talented theater couple going through a difficult divorce.
We went to bed a bit after 10:00.
The market recovered a bit today with my portfolio increasing .5%.
We have really enjoyed staying at the Villa and in Sanaray Sur Mer for a month and decided to return if that is possible.
Bon Appetit




















No comments:
Post a Comment