Friday, September 18, 2026

September 18, 2026 Breakfast - Almond Croissant. Lunch - Leftover vegetables and steak. Dinner - Sautéed Fish filets with Tomato and Burrata Salad and Sautéed Zucchini, opinion, and tomato

September 18, 2026 Breakfast - Almond Croissant. Lunch - Leftover vegetables and steak. Dinner - Sautéed Fish filets with Tomato and Burrata Salad and Sautéed Zucchini, opinion, and tomato


I awakened around 8:00 after a good night’s sleep.  Suzette heated the croissant, the almond croissant, and the raisin sweet roll in the oven and Elaine peeled and sliced 1/2 melon. We each made a hot drink and ate breakfast at the table on the patio.





Then around 11:00 Suzette and Elaine walked to Portosolis Beach and swam and Billy and I walked to the market in the town center. It was a line that ran from the central gazebo to the parking lot with stalls on both sides selling all type of food stuffs.





Billy bought two types of fish fillets, tomatoes, green olives and capers. I bought a leek, mirabelle plums, a salami and green beans. When we returned to the villa I was sweating bit recovered with a drink of cold water and accumulated almost 4500 steps and over 5000 by the end of the day.



We worked on the puzzle a bit.




 I read Tables for Two but Amor Towles until 1:30 when I chopped up the small piece of leftover steak and Suzette added it to the leftover vegetables she was heating that we ate for lunch with glasses of Ray-Jane Bandol rose’.





After lunch I rested until 4:45 when Billy awakened me to chop onion, garlic and tomatoes for his zucchini and vegetable Le sauté for dinner.


Soon Suzette arrived from her haircut appointment and wanted me to help chop the ingredients for the burrata, mirabelle plum, and tomato salad she was making for dinner.


After she and I completed preparing the salad that also included toasted pinon nuts and a balsamic, parsley, and vinegar dressing, I chopped garlic and parsley for the sautéed fish and Suzette dusted the filets with flour and sautéed all the fish 7 or 8 filets and then deglazed the pan with capers and lemon juice to make a light piccata sauce for the fish.


I poured rose’ wine and Billy sliced baguette and we had a huge but pleasant meal.






After dinner Suzette was able to connect her computer to the TV set and we watched the Jimmy Kimmel and Rachel Maddow interview with James Talarico who is running for LBJ’s seat in the U.S, Senate and watch a lovely sunset.





Then I drank a cup of tea and ate the last bit of the most unusual cookie I have encountered in France, cookie dough wrapped around a core of chocolate that becomes a solid cookie in the shape of a fig Newton.


Later I blogged and drank another cup of tea with a small shot of Marc to give it a higher octane.


The NYSE closes at 10:00 in Sanaray. I stayed up to watch the Close and instead of the usual Friday big sell off, the market actually rallied a bit toward the close, especially AMD, to stay positive for the day and hold the gain the portfolio made yesterday plus a small increase of .057%.


Bon Appetit






No comments:

Post a Comment