September 10, 2026 Breakfast - Toasted Honey bread with Pear jam. Lunch - Red Mullet and Potato Omelet with Onion Tart. Dinner - Octopus Couscous
I woke up at 6:00 and finished yesterday’s blog. Then I toasted and buttered a slice of honey bread and spread pear jam on it. After a cup off tea with the bread I also ate a bowl of yogurt with peach and strawberries. Suzette walked to Portosolis beach but did not swim as the waves were up. So she walked back to the Villa.
I rested and napped until 11:30 when Suzette prepared an omelet with the leftover sautéed red mullet from last night’s dinner and potatoes. We split the Provençal onion tart and rose’ on the patio.
Then we drove to Brusc at the south end to of the bay.
When we returned Suzette napped and I worked on the puzzle until 5:00 when we walked to the church at the end of the street that dates to 1540 that probably dates the Villa and explains the existence of a tower in it and the next Villa.
When we returned we prepared dinner. We combined the leftover couscous with the octopus salad we bought and 1/2 diced green bell pepper, 1/2 small onion, and 1/2 zucchini.
We opened the 2023 Terrabune rose we bought at the vineyard. It was wonderful, full bodied with good character.
The octopus was a little tough but we ate most of the chunks of tentacle.
After dinner we watched Gloria Steinem’s last interview released after her death on September 6, 2026, on Netflix and then went to bed, Suzette to sleep and I to blog.
I ate a meringue and sipped a bit of Marc with a cup of tea during the interview.
Bon Appetit













No comments:
Post a Comment