Saturday, September 12, 2026

September 12, 2026 Breakfast- Toasted slice of Honey bread and yogurt with strawberries and peaches in syrup Lunch - picnic on the patio. Dinner - sautéed Sea bass with a parsley and caper sauce with truffled linguine and salad.

September 12, 2026 Breakfast- Toasted slice of Honey bread and yogurt with strawberries and peaches in syrup Lunch - picnic on the patio. Dinner - sautéed Sea bass with a parsley and caper sauce with truffled linguine and salad.


I woke up at 8:30. I have been sleeping better on this vacation than usual.


I made breakfast of the usual, a toasted slice of honey bread buttered and spread with pear jam and then the rest of the strawberries and peaches in syrup with two heaping T. of yogurt.



Then at 10:00 we all drove to an antique brocade in the next small community named Six Fours. I bought a small salt cellar of silver plate. Something we can use and a memento of our trip.




Billy and Elaine walked back to the Sanaray and ate pizza for lunch and then back to the villa, arriving around 3:00.


We drove to the center of Sanaray and after unsuccessfully looking for a restaurant that no longer existed, we bought two large sea bass, 8 shrimp, and 6 local oysters raised in Tamaris in the next bay to the east.




We then returned to the villa around 12:00 and laid out a picnic lunch onnthe patio table including the six oysters on the half shell. melon, duck pate’, pork pate’, brie cheese, goat cheese, and cow cheese coated with seeds, plus slices of baguette and green olives. We drank beer. These are the type of lunch we like in France as we sample the local foods.







Then at 1:15 Suzette walked to Portosolis for a swim and I drove to meet her there and waded up to my swim suit in the water along the beach, By the end of the trip I might even swim at Portosolis.


When we returned home around 2:30 we rested and read and worked on the puzzle until 5:45 when we prepared dinner.


Billy and Elaine prepared the salad and Suzette and I prepared the truffled linguine and sautéed sea bass filets with a parsley, caper, and lemon sauce.






We had run out of rose, but had the bottle of chilled champagne we bought at the Divine wine shop in Beausset several days ago.





It was fabulous with the fresh tender White Sea bass filets. And the pasta was lovely also, cooked the way I love it to just beyond Al dente.


It was a lovely dinner. 





Billy and Elaine then went for a walk. Suzette and I read and worked on the puzzle until 9:45, when we went to bed.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment