Tuesday, May 30, 2023

May 29, 2023 Lunch - Crab Cake and tomato, cucumber, avocado, and lettuce salad. Dinner - Pasta Casserole with Bok Choy, onion, Pasilla chili, garlic, chorizo sausage, and three cheeses

May 29, 2023 Lunch - Crab Cake and tomato, cucumber, avocado, and lettuce salad. Dinner - Pasta Casserole with Bok Choy, onion, Pasilla chili, garlic, chorizo sausage, and three cheeses


Another wonderful day of food and I also got three hours of billable time.


I slept until 9:00 and then ate granola, tropical fruit salad, milk, and yogurt for breakfast.


I then worked until Suzette came home at 1:00 with a bag of Bok Choy Suzette’s staff picked at the Center.


She made a wonderful lunch of a sautéed crab cake with a chopped tomato, cucumber, and avocado salad on leaves of romaine lettuce. I made a quick tartare sauce by adding a tsp. of pickle relish to the 1/2 cup of PPI of Louis sauce and poured out the rest of the bottle of Oregon King’s Estate Pinot Gris and we had a pleasant lunch outside.



After lunch I cut three Mr. Lincoln and two Tropicana roses and put them into vases in the house.


Then I talked to my client for an hour and then went to the kitchen, where I pickled a bottle of Persian cucumbers with dill seed and a clove of garlic in a mason jar with 1 1/2 cup of white vinegar, 1 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of  salt.



Then at 5:00 I made a bowl of avocado crema by chopping 2 T. of onion’ two small avocados, a clove of pressed garlic, juice of 1 lime, 1/4 tsp. of salt, about 1/4 of fresh chopped cilantro, three or four dashes of Cholula Hot Sauce and 3 T. of Mexican crema.


I ate a few tostadas dipped into the avocado crema.


Suzette took a nap from 3:00 to 5:30 and checked the garden after she awakened from her nap.


I suggested we make a pasta dish and add the bok Choy.  Suzette instead made a pasta casserole. She boiled cassarecce pasta, and I diced four cloves of garlic, a medium onion, four tomatoes, and a chorizo sausage.


I also sliced a pile of Swiss Gruyere and grated a pile of Parmesan.


Suzette then laid layers of each ingredient, with a layer of a Swiss Gruyere mixed with a ball of burrata and a layer of bok Choy and topped the casserole with a layer of the Parmesan.


Suzette then covered the baking dish with aluminum and baked the casserole for 45 minutes and then uncovered for an additional ten minutes to brown.




I opened the bottle of Bosco Montepulcianob di Abbruzo I bought at Costco.


I was heavy and, most amazingly, had a plum aroma.



The pasta dish was fantastically delicious.  I ate two helpings and there is still lots left.


After dinner we watched three episodes of La Brea and ate the last of the cheese cake with fresh strawberries.


It was another great day of food.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment