Wednesday, May 24, 2023

May 23, 2023 Lunch - Carne Adovado Enchiladas at La Choza Dinner - PPI Chicken Cattiatore with Cassarecce pasta in Burrata cream sauce

 May 23, 2023 Lunch - Carne Adovado Enchiladas at La Choza Dinner  - PPI Chicken Cattiatore with Cassarecce pasta in Burrata cream sauce


I woke up early and showered and was in the kitchen by 8:15. I prepared and ate a bowl of tropical fruit salad, granola, milk, and yogurt.


Suzette awakened even earlier and gardened and then did aerobics in the hot tub and showered and dressed and we left fo Santa Fe at 10:00.


Suzette was looking for a pot for a Japanese Maple (acer) tree so we stopped at Restore It, then Empire Antiques and finally Raven Antiques before lunch. We then drove to La Choza for lunch after several decades of eating at the Shed and La Choza we had perfected our ordering.  We order one order of the Enchilada Plate with double Posole and a side of sour cream and two Negra Modelos and the sopapillas after we finish the enchiladas 

Today we ordered carne adovado filled enchiladas. I have been eating the cashed red chili sauce for over 50 years and I identify the shed blue corn enchiladas as the most delicious enchilada in New Mexico.




The owner and her daughter sat next to us and we spoke briefly to them about their red Chile.  I told them that I was fond of French food and liked the fact that their red sauce was actually a béchamel sauce made with Chile instead of flour and tomato juice instead of milk or stock.  They said they appreciated our comments and talked to Suzette about her restaurant and facility in Los Lunas for a few minutes.


We enjoyed a pleasant conversation with them and said goodbye when we left.


We then drove to rhe State Capitol because Suzette had an appointment to meet with the Governor’s staff about including a reimbursement rate for assisted living for Medicaid eligible persons. I took the opportunity to view the Capitol art collection.  It was very interesting with many artists’ whose works I own and many contemporary artists’ works I had never seen before.


                                  Ant People by Pablita Velarde


I finished my walk around the Round House and returned to the Highlander, just as Suzette was coming out.  We drove to Stephen’s Consignment, but found no pot and then drove to a consignment furniture store on Camino Cristo Rey, but again no pot.


Suzette drove back and I dozed. When we returned to Albuquerque she drove to her favorite used furniture store on Candelaria where she had seem a pot she liked. She bought it for $100 and they loaded it into the Highlander and Suzette drove it and us home.


It was 5:30 when we arrived at home.


Suzette lay down for a nap and I caught up on the news until 6:30.


I had removed the PPI Chicken Cacciatore from the fridge when Suzette came into the kitchen and took over dinner.  





She heated the entire container of chicken and another of the PPI Casarecce pasta in its Burrata cream sauce.


I fetched a bottle of Kirkland Chianti Classico Riserva and opened it and poured two glasses.


I plated the pasta and chicken and we ate chicken again except Suzette did not finish her plate and I finished hers for her.




When we turned on the hockey game, Las Vegas was up by 3 points to 0 in the first 7 1/2 minutes and Dallas never scored, so we watched an episode of La Brea and went to bed at 9:30. I drank a second glass of wine but was full of pasta and chicken and had no interest in eating anything more.



I did not check my portfolio, but saw that the Market went sharply lower on the news that there was no movement on debt ceiling negotiations with the NASDAQ down 165 points, which is about 1.3%.


Bon Appetit 





No comments:

Post a Comment