Thursday, May 18, 2023

May 18, 2023 Lunch - Menudo at Garcia’s Dinner - Leftover Vietnam Taste Bun Cha Gio

May 18, 2023 Lunch - Menudo at Garcia’s  Dinner - Leftover Vietnam Taste Bun Cha Gio 


I awakened at 6:00 and showered and dressed and checked the news and was pleased that the Market futures were up. I guess there is still progress being made in debt limit discussions.


At 8:30 I ate some granola with milk, yogurt, and diced strawberries and some blueberries.


I then read a transcript in a case in the morning and made a call to Peter Eller to confirm lunch.


Peter arrived at noon and drove us to Garcia’s around the corner on Central. We took a booth and both ordered bowls of menudo, which at Garcia’s is equal parts menudo and Posole in a pork and chili broth.


We added lemon juice, oregano, and onions to our bowls and enjoyed a hearty lunch.  Peter and I are addicted to menudo and prefer Garcia’s style because it is not as spicy as other restaurant’s versions and made with a pork broth instead of red chili.


After lunch I had a long conversation with a client about their title and the transcript.


At 3:30 Henry came with a plate of homemade cookies and pictures of his grand kids he took care of for the last two weeks.  Henry brought some sangria and I made a light gin and tonic and we reviewed and sent a letter to opposing counsel and talked about his trip to Colorado Springs. 


During our meeting Suzette arrived and bumped into the overhead door, so when Henry left he realigned the door back onto its track.  Thanks Henry.


We both lay down for a nap from 5:00 until 6:00.


When I awakened Suzette said she was hungry and she heated the leftover wide noodles with beef, vegetables, and shrimp with a sweet soy based brown sauce left from our lunch yesterday at Vietnam Taste.


So I heated the leftover Bun Cha Gio with marinaded and grilled pork from yesterday’s lunch also.




I drank water with my meal.


At 6:00 we started watching game one of the Eastern Stanley Cup play offs between the Florida Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes.  Suzette went to bed at 9:30 after the first overtime period but I stayed up to see the Panthers win in the last minute of the fourth over time period at midnight, which made this game the sixth longest game in Stanley Cup history.


This is going to be a wonderful Stanley Cup year.  


During overtime I made a cup of chai and ate two of the chocolate chip and M & M’s cookies that Henry brought that were fresh and delicious.




I am feeling much better after two monster days in the Market that saw my  portfolio almost reach its level at the end of 2019. It now is halfway back to the high of last year from the low of this year with a gain of almost 3% in the last two days.


I am going to bed tonight, with a warm feeling in my heart with the receipt of a monster gain in the Market and a couple of cookies from a client in my stomach.  I realized long ago that my feeling of well-being is directly related to my income. And I should add, acts of kindness from friends.


Bon Appetit









 


No comments:

Post a Comment