Wednesday, May 24, 2023

May 24, 2023 Lunch - Costco hot dog Snack - Potstickers and seaweed salad. Dinner - Fresh Dungeness Crab Salad

May 24, 2023 Lunch - Costco hot dog Snack - Potstickers and seaweed salad. Dinner - Fresh Dungeness Crab Salad


I awakened at 6:30 and showered and dressed and ate a bowl,of fruit salad with granola, milk, and yogurt. At 7:50 I drove to my dermatology appointment at 8:30 and finished reading the Meaning of it all waiting for my appointment.


After demo I drove to Costco and arrived at 9:25 so waited until 10:00 when it opened.


I had to buy shrimp for the party tomorrow but I we had made a list that included a number of household cleaning items such as Windex, Clorox, and Kleenex.  I went a little crazy and bought a bottle Malbec for Willy, a bottle of Montepulciano di Abbruzo, and a bottle of Tamay Rose from Cotes du Provence. Plus I bought two bottles of Dewars for Suzette and a container of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and cream cheese for a cheese cake for the party. I also bought a bottle of liquid turmeric and a package of four fresh Dungeness crab claws and a 500 gram round of brie and two logs of goat cheese and eggs and baguettes.


I became weak so I ate a hot dog after I checked out.




I then drove to Office Depot and bought yellow legal pads and a box the blue uni-ball pens I like.


I arrived home at 12:00 and unloaded the car and at 1:00 watched Man City versus Brighton play to a 1-1 tie.  At 2:00 I was hungry again so I sautéed 11 potstickers in 1/16 inch of peanut oil. While the potstickers were sautéing, I made a dipping sauce of soy, chili oil, sesame oil, and sliced green onion.  When the potstickers were done I plated them with a pile of seaweed salad and ate a pleasant lunch.




After lunch I chilled a bottle of Kirkland Pinot Grigio.


Shortly after the Market closed after another down day, Nvidia announced strong earnings and a strong forecast and the stock jumped $80.00 in after market trading.  The last four days the market has been trending down but all that changed for my portfolio today. I regained all that loss and added significantly to my portfolio if the gain in Nvidia holds up.  I own 1200 shares.  Nvidia makes the leading chip configuration for AI.


I then meditated from 4:15 to 4:45. 


Suzette arrived shortly after 5:00 and we hung the mosquito netting around the gazebo.


At 6:30 I minced a shallot and covered it with lemon juice.


At 7:00 Willy arrived to pick up his new Credit card that converts your currency to the local currency in whatever country you are in at little cost and bearing an avocado.


Suzette made a plate of chicken cattiatore on toast for Willy with salad.




I then made a salad plate for Suzette and me with slices of avocado, cucumber, radish, lettuce, and tomato. Suzette then added a crab claw to each plate and I finished my style of Louis sauce by adding catsup, mayonnaise and horseradish to the shallot cooking in lemon juice.



We ate inside and watched the Florida Panthers eliminate the Carolina Hurricanes in four straight games.


Willy left after dinner and we picked the other two crab claws and made a stock with the crab shells by adding water and a mirepoix.


 Suzette then made a cheese cake and I diced strawberries for a sauce for the cheese cake.


We went to bed at 9:30.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment