Sunday, May 21, 2023

May 21, 2023 Brunch - Bacon with a mushroom, red onion, Swiss Gruyere, and Gravad lax omelet. Snack - popcorn. Dinner - PPI Chicken Cacciatore with Alfredo Cassarecce

 May 21, 2023 Brunch - Bacon with a mushroom, red onion, Swiss Gruyere, and Gravad lax omelet. Snack - popcorn. Dinner - PPI Chicken Cacciatore



I waited until 10:30 to cook breakfast when Willy arrived and became really weak, but ate some tropical fruit salad that helped revive me.  I diced about four oz. of red onion and mushrooms and sautéed them in a skillet with butter.  Wily cracked five eggs and I diced three oz. of Gravad lax and fried four pieces of bacon in a separate skillet.  I then whisked and added the eggs when the mushrooms and onion seemed cooked and after a few minutes to allow the eggs to set up, sliced and added slices of Swiss Gruyere cheese and the diced Gravad lax. After a few more minutes I flipped one half onto the other half to make an omelet and cut the omelet into thirds.


Willy sliced and toasted rounds of baguette and put them into the bread caddy wrapped in a tea towel and fetched several jellies from the fridge.


I fetched small juice glasses and put the fruit salad and the bottle of fresh squeezed orange juice on the table.


This was one of most flavorful omelets I have made because it contains the combination of sautéed mushrooms, onion, and Swiss cheese.


Willy called Suzette from the garden where she was working on the new zen garden and we had a lovely brunch.


Willy suggested and I promised to eat a little something for breakfast when I awakened to avoid weakness.


We watched Man City beat Chelsea and then be awarded the PL Championship trophy and medals and then he left after Suzette gave us a tour of the new garden area.


At 1:00 we watched the second game of the western finals of the Stanley Cup between Dallas and Las Vegas, which Las Vegas won in overtime to take a 2 game to 0 lead in the series.


Suzette was not feeling well, perhaps from the Covid vaccine she got yesterday, and lay down. I pruned the roses and cut three and put them into vases.


Then I lay down and napped until 3:00 when we watched TV and we each ate a bag of popcorn.


Suzette napped again until 6:20 when we watched Poirot and then heated up the PPI Chicken Cacciatore and Cassarecce pasta in Alfredo sauce and a few broccoli flowerets.


I poured the last of the bottle of Flor di Vin Chianti Classico Riserva to drink with the meal.


 Suzette could not eat her dinner and went to bed at 8:00.


I stayed up and watched a documentary on Queen Anne and then the last episode of Tom Jones, and finally the Seaside Hotel.


At 11:00 I lay down to blog and read.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment