Friday, May 26, 2023

May 26, 2023 Lunch - Steak Salad, Northern Rhone wine tasting Dinner - Hawaiian Poke Bowl and Khmer Pad Thai at Chomp Food Hall, Santa Fe

May 26, 2023 Lunch - Steak Salad, Northern Rhone wine tasting Dinner - Hawaiian Poke Bowl and Khmer Pad Thai at Chomp Food Hall, Santa Fe


I awakened at 8:00 and checked the Market.  It was up and going higher.


It ended the day with the NASDAQ rising 2.19% and the Dow up almost 1%.  My portfolio rose a very helpful 1.6%.


I ate a Pepperidge farms plain bagel with cream cheese and lives of red onion and Gravad lax garnished with capers at 9:30.




P

at noon I talked bikes with John Pompas for a while. He showed me his  beautiful Cannondale 33 speed electric bike and then I worked until 1:45 when I made a steak salad with the leftover steak kabobs, lettuce, red onion slices, cucumber slices, and a diced Roma tomato with the dressing revived with lemon juice, the new Italian olive oil, and some egg yolk.




I watched the market close and some of White House Date Line and then drafted an agreement for Rahim.


Suzette came home at 3:30 and we left for Santa Fe at 4:15.


We arrived at Chomp Food Hall a few minutes before 5:30 for Greg O’Byrne’s Northern Rhone Valley tasting.


It was fabulous, five reds and three whites from just south of Lyon to Hermitage.




Greg rode the length of the Northern Rhone Valley on a bike in 2019 and shared his experiences and numerous photos of the towns, vineyards, and geography.


Several of the wines were fabulous.





After the wine tasting we decided to eat dinner in the cool breezy outdoor dining area in the Chomp.  Suzette ordered a tuna Hawaiian poke bowl and I ordered a plate of Khmer Pad Thai.  Both were delicious.  The poke Bowl included lots of rice, sliced avocado, edamame, three types of seaweed, raw Aji tuna, and slivers of carrot, and daikon.


My Pad Thai was simpler with only a few mung bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, and slices of green onion and red cabbage although, the Pad Thai had that interesting juxtaposition of spicy and sweet.  






We shared a pint of apple cider.


After dinner we drove home and arrived a few minutes after 9:00.


Suzette went to bed and I stayed up to check the news and blog as I drank a  a White Russian, milk, rum, and Kahlua.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment