Saturday, May 13, 2023

May 13, 2023 Breakfast - Oatmeal, Lunch - Salmon Omelet. Dinner - Lamb Shanks with Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Sugar Snap Peas

May 13, 2023 Breakfast - Oatmeal, Lunch - Salmon Omelet. Dinner - Lamb Shanks with Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Sugar Snap Peas


I awakened at 4:45 and blogged until 6:15 when I turned on PL soccer and watched Leeds battle Newcastle to a draw.  Then at 8:00 I watched Aston Villa vs.Tottenham for a while but switched to Nottingham Forest vs Chelsea, which was a more evenly matched game and because I like one of Chelsea’s players, Rahim Sterling, who scored both of Chelsea’s goals in a 2 to 2 draw.


At 9:00 I made oatmeal with brown sugar, a diced apple and a handful of raisins.




I then helped weed the back yard with Suzette until almost 1:00, when I diced red onion, a PPI salmon fillet, and three asparagus,I also whisked three eggs and Suzette added a fourth and made an omelet with those ingredients plus a liberal sprinkle if goat cheese.




I drank the last glass of the bottle of 2016 Benton Lane Rose and Suzette drank the last glass of Vara Silverhead Brut.


Suzette fetched the carton of Lamb Shanks in Pomegranate sauce from the freezer from the garage.


We then rested until 5:00 when we began watching game 6 of the Stanley Cup Playoff between Seattle and Dallas and at 6:00 began prepping dinner.


I peeled and diced most of the remaining Yukon Gold potatoes and then de-stemmed about two dozen sugar snap peas.


Suzette boiled the potatoes and made mashed potatoes, steamed the peas, and heated the prepared lamb shank in the microwave.  I fetched a bottle of Famille Perrin Reserve Cores Du Rhone ( Trader Joe’s $9.99).



I like Southern Rhone reds with lamb.  This bottle was clean tasting but lacked complexity of blends with more grape types.


Suzette used some cream in the mashed potatoes and they were especially creamy.


The lamb shanks are the only prepared food we buy except duck in season at Costco.  It is delicious and tender in the pomegranate sauce.





Later we watched Marvelous Miss Maisal and Suzette prepared a plate with a piece of chocolate cake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.


Suzette went to bed at 10;30 but I stayed up to watch an episode of Astrid, the French police mystery.


I pray for Ukraine.


Bon Appetit

.

No comments:

Post a Comment