Monday, April 3, 2023

April 3, 2023 Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - Hamburger Helper with Egg Noodles

 April 3, 2023 Lunch - Salami Salad. Dinner - Hamburger Helper with Egg Noodles


I ate granola and milk, and blueberries and yogurt for breakfast.


Then at 12:30 I made a salad with salami, radish, cucumber, hard boiled egg, red onion, and a diced tomato with the Cesar dressing. I also spread goat cheese on toasted slices of Bosque Baguette.




After lunch I checked my portfolio and it was up .4%, pretty good on a day when the NASDAQ was down 35 points and oil went up $5.00 per gallon.


After the mail came, I then walked to the bank and deposited a check.


Then I walked home and drove to the library and picked up The Drowning Pool by McDonald and then went to Wells Fargo and deposited another check.


When I returned home Suzette had arrived.


She was hungry so we decided to fix dinner.


Suzette wanted to use the two cooked hamburgers.  I cubed 1 1/2 zucchini, 1/2 yellow onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1/4 red bell pepper, two tomatoes, and the hamburgers.  Suzette boiled egg noodles and then tossed them with the sautéed ingredients and added some sour cream, so the result was like beef stroganoff. It was delicious and I ate another bowl of it and there was still some left for lunch.




I opened a bottle of 2018 Flor di Vino Chianti Classico.


Suzette ate some ice cream later.


We watched the Antiques Roadshow and the men’s NCAA national championship that UConn won.


Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I followed at 10:30 after another Antiques Roadshow episode and a bit of Rachel Maddow.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment