Tuesday, April 25, 2023

April 25, 2023 Breakfast - Granola, milk, tropical fruit salad, and yogurt. Lunch - Pita pocket Sandwiches. Dinner - New recipe - Sautéed Cabbage, brats, and asparagus with whipped cream and horseradish sauce

April 25, 2023 Breakfast - Granola, milk, tropical fruit salad, and yogurt. Lunch - Pita pocket Sandwiches. Dinner - New recipe - Sautéed Cabbage, brats, and asparagus with whipped cream and horseradish sauce


Another great day of food.  As we draw closer to leaving on our trip, we tend to use up ingredients in unusual mixtures and that was true of the new recipe we created for Dinner.


I ate a bowl of granola with milk, yogurt, and a large helping of tropical fruit salad.


I worked on taxes and made an appointment with Shahin tomorrow to deliver my taxes to him.


Rahim came at 11:00 and we worked on his transaction until lunch.


We both wanted kebabs until I suggested making pita sandwiches with the PPI roasted lamb.  I made a quick tzatziki by dicing a Persian cucumber and adding a dash of salt, 2/3 cup of yogurt, a pressed clove of garlic, and juice of 1/2 lemon.


We went to the garden and picked five sprigs of fresh mint. Rahim destemmed the leaves and I chopped the leaves and added them to the tzatziki.  I also sliced 1/2 of a Roma tomato into wedges and fetched the pickled turnips, the labni, the  Tabouli, the hummus, the green cracked olives and the dried Moroccan black olives.


I then thinly sliced 1/2 lb. of roasted lamb and heated it in the microwave and cut a pita in half and heated the two halves in the microwave to soften them.


We each made pita sandwiches with a warm 1/2 pita and then I gave each of us another 1/4 of a pita that we filled with lamb, labni, tzatziki, tomato wedges, pickled turnips, and a little Tabouli.


It was a perfect lunch.  


After Rahim left at 2:00 I ate a slice of chocolate halvah and watched the Leicester City v. Leeds fixture that ended in a 1 to 1 tie, so each club moved one point further from relegation.


I then worked on my taxes until Suzette arrived at 5:00.


I was hungry so I buttered several pieces of Swedish Hard bread and added slices of Dutch Gouda cheese for a snack.


Then Suzette fetched the cabbage from the garage and I sliced 1/2 of the head into thin strips that I put into a large skillet with olive oil, spicy salt, and ground cumin and sautéed over low heat.



I then sliced two bratwursts into semi circles and added them.


Suzette then suggested we add the last seven stalks of asparagus, which I sliced into 1 inch sections and added.


Suzette fetched the wok cover to cover the skillet so everything woul heat evenly.


She then suggested making a whipped cream and horseradish sauce with fresh fennel. She fetched and chopped fresh fennel fronds from the garden and added the fresh fennel to the sauce.


I heated PPI rice to increase my carbs and soon we had created a new wonderful one dish recipe that we both liked very much.





Suzette fetched a bottle of Pinot Grigio rose del Venezia that was refreshing and slightly effervescent that complemented the dish.




We had a great dinner and enjoyed the last of the bottle as we watched Finding your Roots.


Suzette went to bed at 8:00 and I followed at 9:30 after the Dallas Stars won game five of their first round Stanley Cup playoff against the Minnesota Wild.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment