Monday, April 17, 2023

April 17, 2023 Lunch - Soba noodle Vietnamese Miso Soup. Dinner - Lamb Pita Pocket sandwiches.

April 17, 2023 Lunch - Soba noodle Vietnamese Miso Soup. Dinner - Lamb Pita Pocket sandwiches.


I ate granola with milk, yogurt, and blueberries for breakfast.


Then at 12:00 I made Soba noodle Vietnamese Miso Soup.  I dissolved a cube of pho seasoning and a tsp. of dehydrated dashi.  I then added two mushrooms sliced, a stalk of celery diced, a handful of spinach leaves chopped, about 3 oz. of pork sausage, 4 oz. of soft tofu, a heaping T. of red miso, red onion slices, and soba (Japanese buckwheat) noodles.


I sliced two green onions into thin ringlets for garnish.



                                            Second bowl of soup with more red miso 


The soup is a success when the broth does not have any taste of water and the noodles are soft.


I ate a bowl and watched Liverpool slam Leeds.


Then I added more red miso, water, and a packet of seaweed and cooked the soup for another fifteen minutes and ate another bowl of soup.


There was still more than a quart of soup for lunch tomorrow.


I then talked to Rahim for about 2/3 hour.


I then watched Ari Melber.p and Suzette brought in oranges, a frozen papaya, a pineapple, and three mangos.


I peeled and sectioned four oranges, three mangoes and the pineapple.



I then made tzatziki with two garlic cloves pressed, 2/3 of a peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber, two pinches of salt, a handful of fresh mint chopped, juice of 1/2 lemon, and 2/3 cup of yogurt.




The papaya was frozen so we ate while it thawed.


I sliced about 1/2 lb. of roasted lamb that Suzette then heated it in the microwave and then sliced and heated a pita, while I sliced a Roma tomato.


Suzette opened a bottle of Kirtland Rioja and poured two glasses and we each filled a pita pocket with tzatziki, tomato, lamb, and red onion slices.


I ate two pockets and Suzette ate one.


I then walked around the block as Suzette rested and I was fast enough to return by 7:00 for the beginning of Antiques Roadshow that we watched until 8:00 when Suzette went to bed.  She had worked on her hands and knees all day and could hardly move.


I finished the fruit salad by deciding to dump the frozen papaya.




I made a mint tea with the three remaining sprigs of mint and black tea and sugar with some chocolate halvah.


Later, I watched the Ken Burns, Novak, and Bobstein’s explanation about how America and the Holocaust was made and its implications.


I then watched Dallas play Minnesota in the first game of the Stanley Cup playoffs.


Bon Appetit







No comments:

Post a Comment