Saturday, December 7, 2019

December 6, 2019 Lunch – Sushi Hana. Dinner – Sautéed NY Strip, Oyster Dressing, and Steamed Asparagus

December 6, 2019 Lunch – Sushi Hana. Dinner – Sautéed NY Strip, Oyster Dressing, and Steamed Asparagus

I got the electric and gas turned on at the building today and it was a super day in the Market with the Dow up 337 points to over 28,000 again.  I ate fruit salad with milk, granola, and yogurt for breakfast.

I walked to Bill Turner’s office at 11:15.  That is a post operation new world record.  Am I ready to jog on the beach in Sayulita?  We will find out next week

We walked to Sushi Hana at the corner of 6th and Central.  We both ordered Udon, that thick white wheat noodle cooked in a broth and served in a hot steel blackened pot.  I chose seafood udon and Bill chose vegetable udon. It turned out to be a lot of food.  We asked for and were served a bowl of pickled ginger, some unagi sauce and a fish sauce I had never seen before.  The fish sauce was thick and yellowish in color, not the clear amber liquid you find in Vietnamese restaurants.

The seafood included three shelled shrimp, small pieces of squid, octopus, fish cake slices cut in half, pieces of imitation crab, and small bay scallops.  I found the seafood udon quite tasty, especially when I added a bit of the fish sauce to it.  I dipped the small slices of squid into the unagi sauce.

After lunch I walked home doubling my new world record in distance.

When I returned home I rested until the Gas Company called to tell me the gas meter installer was on his way to 524 Romero to install the second gas meter.  I met him at 3:15 and waited until 5:45 for him to install and test the meter and gas appliances, by which time Suzette has arrived.  When Salvatore finished the installation, we walked the two blocks to the Plaza to join the crowd waiting for the Old Town Christmas tree to be lit.  A bit after 6:00 after the Christmas tree was lit we walked back up Romero looking in stores at the Christmas displays and goods for sale. We stopped at three stores.  The most interesting was a onyx store with internally lit Onyx boxes the were lovely.


We the drove home at 7:00. We had decided to sauté the steak Suzette thawed the day before and heated the oyster dressing and steamed a bunch of asparagus.  I opened the bottle of 2017 Amercay Malbec. It was not as delicious as the Crios Malbec two days ago ($7.99 at Trader Joe’s).

We watched three episodes of “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisal” and then went to bed.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment