Friday, December 20, 2019

December 20, 2019 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – PPI Baked Chicken and a Sweet Potato with Steamed String Beans

December 20, 2019 Lunch – Taj Mahal. Dinner – PPI Baked Chicken and a Sweet Potato with Steamed String Beans

This was an interesting day.  I spent much of the day filing an application for probate and shopping for food for the party and dinner.

I did not eat breakfast again and met Mike at 11:30 at Taj Mahal restaurant for lunch.  It was wonderful as usual.  I ate tandoori chicken with baked onions, chicken tikka masala, chicken curry, saag paneer, and garbanzo bean Dahl.  I finished with mango pudding. Taj Mahal is usually picked as the best Indian restaurant in Albuquerque and among the best restaurants in Albuquerque.  I love it and am never disappointed.



   


After lunch I drove to the Coop to buy nutmegs and cloves and then to Sprouts to buy fresh salmon and colossal scallops.  Then I drove to Left Turn Distillery to deliver the signed lease and pick up a rent check.  I also bought a bottle of their piñon rum for Willy for Christmas.

Then I drove to Pastian’s for bread for the party and bought rolls and a whole wheat baguette.  Then to the bank to deposit the rent check.

After depositing the rent check I walked to the Courthouse to file the will in the probate case and

deliver it to the judge.  Then I drove to Suzette’s bank to deposit her checks and finally home.

It was 4:00, so I watched the business news.  The Nasdq advanced for the 7th day in a row to another new high, which is almost unheard of.  My portfolio set another new high and is up 16.8% from the beginning of last year.

Suzette worked late at the restaurant for its Christmas dinner.  Willy arrived around 6:00 feeling sick, so he lay down.

I made a herring on onion on sour cream sandwich and a cheese sandwich and drank a glass of Aalborg Jubeliums aquavit with the herring  and an Earl Grey with the cheeses and boysenberry preserves sandwich to tide me over at 5:30.

Suzette did not want to cook, but had not eaten and Willy initially said he did not want to eat, but after I heated baked chicken thighs and sweet potatoes for us and steamed a pile of green beans, he changed his mind and I heated a plate with chicken and a sweet potato for Willy.

The chicken with the yogurt, chili, fenugreek, sumac, crush garlic, and grated ginger tasted just as good tonight as it did last night and the sweet potato tasted better because it was softer and fell apart at the touch of my fork, especially with a pad of butter and a dollop of sour cream and the cooking juices from the chicken.


 I had  chilled a bottle of Sancerre  rose, which I had never drunk before, so we opened it.  It ,was very interesting

After dinner Suzette opened a Christmas gift from her brother, six small elegant pint containers of exotic ice creams. She chose to try the cognac and gingerbread and it was delicious.

Suzette opening her Christmas box of ice creamsQ


We both quickly guessed it was sent by her brother Jeff, who is a foodie also.  Then i finished  the Guilen Belgium chocolates (from Costco) with a hot tea and a glass of German pear brandy.

We watched two more episodes of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, but I slept through one of them as I lay on the couch.

We went to bed at 10:30.

Suzette was ebullient; she had rented two rooms today and sold a fair amount of gift cards at the spa.

The prep for the Christmas Eve buffet is building like a tidal wave, as every day more food and ingredients are gathered.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment