Thursday, December 5, 2019

December 5, 2019 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Cream of Sweet Potato Soup with a Bacon garnish and baked cheese sandwiches

December 5, 2019 Lunch – East Ocean. Dinner – Cream of Sweet Potato Soup with a Bacon garnish and baked cheese sandwiches

I woke up at 4:20 and read and analyzed until 6:30 and then rested until 8:00 and then showered and dressed and began working.  I was able to get the gas meter issues resolved and checked to make sure the electric split to the upstairs was progressing.

I did not eat breakfast due to the press of work so was hungry when I went to East Ocean for lunch with Robert.  When Robert did show up in 10 minutes I went ahead and ordered Moo Goo again Pan, which is the same assortment and preparation of stir fried Mixed Vegetables with chicken instead of fried tofu for $8.95 instead of $7.95.

Robert showed up and I apologized because Robert is a vegetarian.  He  was okay because when the dish came it contained as many or more mixed vegetables.  He took vegetables and I took both vegetables and chicken.  We splurged and drank tea.

After lunch I stopped at Lowe’s for a gallon of milk on the way home.

I worked until 4:00 and then walked about ½ mile, finally achieving what I consider my normal pace.

I drove to meditation and we had a great meditation. Both Sandy and Kevin sat, so it felt like a renewed three stones zen group.

I returned home at 6:00.  I suggested BLT sandwiches, but Suzette had a different idea.  She wanted for us to eat her Cream of sweet potato soup but took my idea for a BLT and garnished the soup with crumbled crisp bacon and modified my sandwich idea by making oven toasted cheese sandwiches with slices of beer cheese and tomato on whole wheat bread.  It was a delicious meal.  I wanted to drink something different so I opened the bottle of 2017 Harvester Estrella Cabernet Sauvignon from Paso Robles that George and Sylvia gave me when they visited.  It was a very jammy wine that Willy loved but Suzette thought was too heavy for the meal.



The wine was impressive and a surprise to me.  I was expecting a light floral cab and instead was greeted by a jammy dark berry full bodied wine.  I enjoyed it as a wine, especially as it opened up and smoothed out a bit and became more fruity as I sipped it after dinner.  I think Harvester might be one of those wines that one sips with a good cigar.

I ate a toasted slice of banana nut bread smeared with orange and elderberry marmalade.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment