Wednesday, December 18, 2019

December 17, 2019 Lunch – Costco Hot Dog. Dinner – Aji Tuna Sashimi, fresh arugula, green onion and Japanese pickles. Suzette and Willy – Seared Aji with arugula salad

December 17,  2019 Lunch – Costco Hot Dog. Dinner – Aji Tuna Sashimi, fresh arugula, green onion and Japanese pickles. Suzette and Willy – Seared Aji with arugula salad

This is the first time in a long when Suzette and I prepared different dinners.  I bought two tuna steaks yesterday at Sprouts.  Tonight Suzette wanted to lightly sear hers and I wanted to eat mine raw, so I made a plate of Sashimi with fresh arugula and sectioned green onions. Plus the obligatory pickled ginger, wasabi, and soy sauce plus sake and green tea and hot green beans.

I had an interesting day of shopping.  This morning Suzette and I
Prepared the menu, including Spanish omelet, cheeses, a green salad, and paella.

After my appointment at noon I drove to Costco and ate an awesome hot hog with a drink for lunch for $1.62 and then shopped for the Christmas Open House.  The giddiest item was a 14 lb. leg of Serrano ham from Spain.  I bought lots of cheeses, especially Spanish ones, Stilton, goat cheese a Spanish goat and sheep milk cheese, Jarlsberg, Manchego, and several others, plus eggs, mini – quiches, and asparagus.

I then drove home and deposited the groceries and took the two tuna steaks out of the fridge to dry out on paper towels.  When Suzette came home we had a disagreement on how to cook them. I was in favor f eating it raw as Sashimi and she wanted to sear them in ginger and live oil..  What we both agreed to was to serving both the seared and raw tuna with arugula.  I chopped four green onions then with a handful of arugula on a plate with the sliced tuna.  I fetched a small bowl and added a small piece of wasabi and filled it with soy sauce.  I then fetched the new container of pickled ginger and the bowl of pickled Japanese vegetables, heated a cup of sake, made a green tea, and ate a fabulous Sashimi dinner.



When Willy returned around 8:00 suzette started searing the remaining pieces of tuna with ginger in peanut oil and Willy made a salad of fresh arugula and crumbled blue cheese.

I cut up the rest of the tuna and shared it with Willy as sashimi.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment