Saturday, December 28, 2019

December 27, 2019 Lunch – Salad with Serrano ham. Dinner – PPI Paella and steamed asparagus

December 27, 2019 Lunch – Salad with Serrano ham. Dinner – PPI Paella and steamed asparagus

The cavalcade of PPIs continued today.  I had my usual breakfast of granola, milk, mango, and yogurt at 10:30 after a blood draw at Tricore was delayed for over ½ hour by an awful episode of an autistic small child who screamed continuously and resisted the draw absorbed the attention of both parents and the entire staff of five or six phebotomists. As best I could tell from the waiting room without seeing the procedure,  they wrapped the child in a blanket to keep her from moving her trunk and then held her arms to complete the draw.  The child was screaming the entire time I was at the Tricore office in Pres.

I really unsettling experience for all concerned.

Willy was at home today and we decided to watch the Man City v. Wolves match at 1:00. We decided to make a salad.  I used the PPI salad from Christmas Eve, which was the worst for wear after three days in the fridge.  I added a pile of Romaine lettuce cut to bite sized pieces plus 1 ½ tomatoes that were also the worst for wear, some olives, diced Swiss Gruyere cheese, and a sliced Persian cucumber.  Willy added pumpkin seeds, and olives.  I added Serrano ham to mine and Willy added blueberries to his salad.


We watched the match which turned out to be one of the most exciting of the year.  Man City lost its goalie in the 22nd minute due to a foul and played with ten men for the rest of the match. Even though it lost a man Man City was up 2 goals to none on the Wolves at halftime.  Then in the second half the Wolves increased the tempo of the game and attacked continuously and by the end of regulation had evened the score at 2 to 2.  Then in overtime the Wolves scored a third goal to win the match.  This kept Leicester in second place. A tie would have dropped Leicester into third place.

Near the end of the match I made brownies using a mix plus 1/3 cup of water, 1/3 cup of canola oil, and 1 egg. I overbaked the brownies by a couple of minutes because the edges dried out, but they were delicious.  This reminded me of my first attempts at baking when I was around 13 or 14 and would bake brownies from a mix like this after school.  I thought I was a genius, when the actual fact was that the bake had been engineered by the mix company to be foolproof like this recipe.

Willy and I ate some brownie with tea and then Willy went to the gym.

I got all my taxes paid for the year.  Today I paid my final installment on my 2018 State income taxes.  I also paid my CRS taxes today.  It seems like when you have lots of stuff you have lots of taxes.

At 4:30 I walked ½ mile without any pain.  When I returned home I stopped to talk to Allison and Brandon, our neighbors who we share a fence with.

Suzette arrived just before I walked in at 5:30.  I then drove to the bank and deposited a check and returned at 6:00.  We watched the news and several football bowl games.  My favorites were Iowa vs USC and Texas A & M vs. Oklahoma State.

Tomorrow are the two National college football playoff games between Ohio State and Clemson and Oklahoma and LSU. Oh boy

Tonight we decided to eat the PPI paella with steamed asparagus.  Suzette heated the paella in a Pyrex baking dish and lay the snapped stalks of asparagus on the paella and heated and cooked the ingredients together.

Suzette drank the final glass of Gunner Vitliner from Austria and I drank a cup of PPI mulled wine that I heated in the microwave.

After dinner I ate another piece of brownie with a cup of chai and went to bed at 10:00.

Perhaps I will go shopping tomorrow for a piece of fish to break this monotony of PPIs.  If not, we will be eating Tortilla Espanol with ham and Mornay sauce again most likely.

Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment