Thursday, December 19, 2019

December 19, 2019 Lunch – Greenside Café, Cedar Crest. Dinner – PPI Chili Relleno with Spinach and Beans and Spaghetti for me and Mahi Mahi in Cream Sauce on Spaghetti for Suzette

December 19, 2019 Lunch – Greenside Café, Cedar Crest. Dinner – PPI Chili Relleno with Spinach and Beans and Spaghetti for me and Mahi Mahi in Cream Sauce on Spaghetti for Suzette

Since lunch with the book club was scheduled for 11:30 I did not eat breakfast, although Luke made me a cup of chai with fresh ginger root and cardamon.

I picked op Charlie at 11:00 and drove to Greenside Café on north 14 in Cedar Crest.  Most of the club members were there already.  We were 10 in all.  Here is a picture.





Keith’s Green Chili Mac and Cheese 

                                                      The very large chicken fried steak

Greenside is the best restaurant in Cedar Crest, as far as I know.

It makes the best Chicken Fried Steak.  But today, trying to keep on a semblance of a diet, I ordered the sautéed pink trout with rice and steamed vegetables for $13.98.  It reminded me a lot of Mexico’s Fish of the Day, except for some reason the fish was grilled mostly on the inside instead of the skin side and it was heavily peppered with black pepper.

Charlie and several others ordered the Chicken Fried Steak that approaches a saddle blanket in size.  I tried not to be envious.  Here is a picture.

After lunch we drove to Karl’s house for the meeting and had a lively discussion about Bad Blood, a history of the rise and fall of Theranos, a Silicon Valley start up, that attempted and failed to develop a compact blood analysis machine.

The principals of Theranos are currently being tried in Federal Court on wire fraud charges and are being sued civilly by their investors for securities fraud.

Karl and his wife gave us each Christmas brownies, truffles, and spice cake after the meeting with a cup of tea and a box of desserts to take home.

I drove us back to town, deposited Charlie at his house around 4:30 and then drove to the bank and meditation.

After meditation I returned home at 6:00 and watched some of the Democratic debate and Rachel Maddow.  I was hungry and heated the PPI chili Relleno with spinach and beans from yesterday’s lunch at Church Street Café and drank an Alaskan Way IPA with it.  Suzette was not hungry, so we ate separate meals.  About ½ hour after I finished eating Suzette became hungry and heated the PPI Mahi Mahi in Cream sauce to which she added sour cream to thicken the sauce and drank the last of the L’Ecole Yakima Valley Chenin Blanc.

After dinner we shared the box of Christmas desserts given to me by Karl.  I drank cups of PPI chai that Luke had made and left on the stove.  Luke’s chai was the best thing I put in my mouth today

The Dow unexpectedly rose again today by over 100 points, pushing my portfolio to a new all time high.  This Market’s euphoria will end soon, but it sure is fun while it lasts

Willy went out to eat with friends.

Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment